Unable to download QSO info from QRZ.COM -Resolved

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
VK4CL
Novice Class

Unable to download QSO info from QRZ.COM -Resolved

Post by VK4CL »

Hi there POP and others.
After a contest logged with VKCL contest logger and on importing the ADIF file, I am unable to update the contacts imported with the wanted QSO info to be supplied by QRZ.com. The update button in the search input area of LOG4OM does not upload any names, locations, addresses etc..although “country” is already recorded. I am saving the attempted update but there are no new details seen here or in “Recent QSOs” or F8, even after a refresh.
Note that qrz seems to be working as all my new qso’s are being auto-updated to their log.
All my settings seem to be ok complete with API key and qrz selected. It used to work ok b4 i upgraded to ver 1.3 and changed over my modem to Broadband (internet is fine).
Can u help plse?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Unable to download QSO info from QRZ.COM

Post by G4POP »

ChrisVK4CL wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 04:53 After a contest logged with VKCL contest logger and on importing the ADIF file, I am unable to update the contacts imported with the wanted QSO info to be supplied by QRZ.com. The update button in the search input area of LOG4OM does not upload any names, locations, addresses etc..although “country” is already recorded. I am saving the attempted update but there are no new details seen here or in “Recent QSOs” or F8, even after a refresh.
If I understand correctly you are trying to UPDATE the QSO's imported from VKCL using the Log4OM QSO Manager?

If so do you see the VKCL QSO's in the window when you click the SEARCH button at the top of the QSO archive window?

Note that qrz seems to be working as all my new qso’s are being auto-updated to their log. All my settings seem to be ok complete with API key and qrz selected. It used to work ok b4 i upgraded to ver 1.3 and changed over my modem
This appears to be a different question separate to that above and relates to UPLOADING QSO's to the QRZ website so I am rather confused because the API only relates to Uploading QSO's to the QRZ logbook not downloading data to update a QSO!
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Is the VKCL contest logger a program that you created only I just noticed that your call is VK4CL, surely not just a coincidence?
73 Terry G4POP
VK4CL
Novice Class

Post by VK4CL »

YES thanks Terry, the VKCL Contest Logger abbreviation is just a pure coincidence with my call-sign...it is written by a vk5 & is used commonly by VKs for contest logging. It imports into Log4OM with just some basic data, which I then try to complete using QRZ via the Log4OM search and the Update button; this procedure fails to update the selected contest qso’s however...
Cheers, chris vk4cl
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Send me the VKCL ADIF file please
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

I trust you are a "paid" subscriber to QRZ?

Dumb question but have seet it many times as a "no".
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
VK4CL
Novice Class

Post by VK4CL »

Not sure if ADIF file is attached?
VK4CL
Novice Class

Post by VK4CL »

BTW, thanks comment Chuck...yes fully paid up to QRZ!!
Chris VK4CL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4POP wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 21:13 Send me the VKCL ADIF file please
By email please to my email shown on QRZ
73 Terry G4POP
VK4CL
Novice Class

Re: Unable to download QSO info from QRZ.COM -Resolved

Post by VK4CL »

Thanks a lot Terry – you were right; my QRZ password had been changed on my ipad and I simply did not think of going back and changing it again in the Settings in Log4OM as QRZ was letting me log into QRZ via the desktop pc in my office/shack (I use the desktop for logging etc..).

I am really embarrassed about this as it was my fault...and a basic trap for young (old!) players!

I really do appreciate your helpful responses throughout.

Thanks again,
Chris VK4CL