MODE NOT FOLLOWING

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
ve1hq
Novice Class

MODE NOT FOLLOWING

Post by ve1hq »

USING A IC-7600 .LOG4OM WILL FOLLOW MODE WHEN DOUBLING CLICKING ON A CLUSTER SPOT FOR SSB AND CW BUT ALWAYS SELECTS SSB WHEN CLICKING ON
A DIGITAL SPOT. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM . SHELDON VE1HQ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: MODE NOT FOLLOWING

Post by G4POP »

SHELDON wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 22:18 USING A IC-7600 .LOG4OM WILL FOLLOW MODE WHEN DOUBLING CLICKING ON A CLUSTER SPOT FOR SSB AND CW BUT ALWAYS SELECTS SSB WHEN CLICKING ON
A DIGITAL SPOT. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM . SHELDON VE1HQ
This is because 'Digital' spots could be any mode but with modern modes like PSK and FT8 are usually USB so the designer of Omnirig, Alex, and the people that edit Hamlib decided to make that the default mode.

I assume that you are using Omnirig and if so you can modify the rig ini for your radio to for example change to RTTY when a digital spot is clicked

Make sure that you are using the Omnirig IC-7600v2 in the radio selection and that your 7600 has the latest version 2.00 firmware installed then both VFO A and B will be displayed in Log4OM. I have a 7600 and it all works fine for me.

BTW posting to the internet in capital (Upper Case) letters is considered to be shouting and dissatisfaction and is not acceptable to many people.
73 Terry G4POP