editing table

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
PA0AER
Advanced Class

editing table

Post by PA0AER »

I have a few thousand qsl cards sorted by call. I want to now indicate that I have received these cards, QSL status = Y. Having clicked on call sign, the call signs are now sorted alphabetically. But once I've made a change to the qsl status, the list will be sorted by date. Can I change this, or is there a simpler way to make the information, for example, by editing directly in the table?

Thanks in advance, Ger
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: editing table

Post by G4POP »

enter the call sign in the search box at top left of the QSL manager window and click the return (Enter) key on the keyboard

Select the required QSO and then click the update save diskette icon having set the source and date fields

Repeat

I can update 3 to 4 cards a minute this way

Watch the YouTube tutorial about this
73 Terry G4POP
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

I found a better way:
export the database as an adif
search on the Internet for a program with the name "ADIFMaster", Install the program. Load the adif file and edit the fields.
save the file as adif with a new name
Delete the database (learn it on this Board from PB4FUN):
"QSO Archive - Archive Management - Field update (no rows selected msg, click away)
On the right in the field above the red labels enter : delete from log
Check the checkboxes from the red labels and press the "I understand ...."-button "

Import the new adif file.
I have more then 2000 entries edited within 3 hours.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

That is a very convoluted and time consuming way of doing it! The built in facility is much faster - see the YouTube video about how to do this
73 Terry G4POP
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

where can I find that YouTube movie?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

PA0AER wrote: 13 Nov 2017, 08:45 where can I find that YouTube movie?
A Google search for Log4OM YouTube or Log4OM tutorial will reveal all, but here is the list scroll down to Log4OM Paper QSL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Ppcj ... yavI-azOug

EDIT
Just in case you think its only about outgoing card, handling incoming cards starts about 5 minutes into the video
73 Terry G4POP
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

Terry, you are perfectly right for a handful of qsl cards. but not when it comes to 2000+ cards, with plm 1000 times only 1 column being changed from Y to N. Thanks for the adresses of the YouTube movies. This is a very nice feature, that confirms again that log4om was a good choice for me.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

PA0AER wrote: 13 Nov 2017, 10:55 not when it comes to 2000+ cards, with plm 1000 times only 1 column being changed from Y to N.
Not wishing to be argumentative but I still believe the thousands of QSL's can be handled easily in Log4OM by perhaps using the QSL Manager as follows

1. Narrow down the number of QSO's to be displayed by using the 'Search Parameters' in the Log4OM QSL Manager window to select just those QSO's that have not received a card QSL received Status is N-no as below

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (51.87 KiB) Viewed 5139 times

2. Sort the resulting list by call sign - Click the column header title to do that

3. Select the QSL Received field to Y-Yes(Confirmed), the QSL Rcvd via to the method by which the cards were received and set the QSL Rcvd date

4. Using the Widows method of Ctrl/Left Click and the scroll feature proceed to select those cards that you already have cards sorted for - Perhaps a batch of 50/100 at a time.

5. Click the small diskette icon alongside the QSL Rcvd date and all the highlighted QSO's will be updated accordingly

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (137.29 KiB) Viewed 5139 times

Repeat item 3, 4 & 5 until the job is done

EDIT
You could of course use the 'Search' facility at the top of the QSL manager as below if you prefer because you can inhibit the 'Refresh' after save but I personally prefer the other method

Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (86.77 KiB) Viewed 5137 times
73 Terry G4POP
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

Thinks Terry, I will try it.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

if you have SQL knowledges you can do a SQL update on database.
We need to know what are the "filter parameters" so i can help you writing a correct SQL query via Log4OM interface
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH