"Error while loading IOTA file

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
WA9WSJ
Novice Class

"Error while loading IOTA file

Post by WA9WSJ »

Hello Gents,

I all of a sudden get a pop up window that says, "Error while loading IOTA file there is an error in XML document (145,2).

After hitting the OK in this window the logging program starts but within 10 seconds induces the blue screen of death.
I'm running Windows 7 pro.

My first thought was to find the data backup files and copy them over to a safe location and uninstall and reinstall the logging program. But then that will cause allot of new setting up. So rather than do that, here I am asking for suggestion before I go that far.

Also I think I've found my log data files, in another location, but want to make sure before I lose anything. I've tried to follow this path: "C:\users\wa9wsj\appdata\...". there's more to the path but I can only follow it up to the files after 'wa9wsj', no appdata folder shows up. It has to be there but I don't know how to make it appear. Any suggestions on this one too?

Thank you so much for your help!

Tom wa9wsj
K7PT
Old Man

Re: "Error while loading IOTA file

Post by K7PT »

I just downloaded the IOTA database and all is OK here. Must be a corrupt download on your end.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
WA9WSJ
Novice Class

Post by WA9WSJ »

I just looked and can't seem to find just the IOTA file to download. Where did you find it?

Or can you send it to me via my qrz email address?

Thank you,

Tom
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Hi Tom,
Go to Log4OM menu bar>Settings>IOTA Database>From IOTA Website

It will download the current file.
WA9WSJ
Novice Class

Post by WA9WSJ »

Hi Chuck,

Thanks I just did what you suggested but I still get the XML loading error as I mentioned in my original post, (I shut down the program after updating the file and restarted it).

Prior to this, I loaded the whole program onto another computer and took the two IOTA files that I could find and put them in place of the old ones on the messed up computer, thinking one was corrupt. I did manage to stop getting the blues screen of death but kept getting the XML error. Also when I did this the program wanted me to start a new database, (it lost the old one), which I did. Then imported the old logs, which did work. But that xml error won't stop so, I'm about ready to uninstall log4om and reinstall it.

Have any other ideas before I try a reinstall?

Thanks Chuck,

Tom
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Make sure you have your log backed up before you do anything.

Then do a clean reinstall.

Good luck.
WA9WSJ
Novice Class

Post by WA9WSJ »

Hi Chuck,

Well I did the uninstall and reinstall. Funny it came up with an error "unable to execute file", create process failed code 740. The requested operation requires elevation.

But the desktop icon came up and so I tried it and it worked. I loaded all the parameters and all is working again.
Old files loaded okay.
Just made a few contacts and it logged them okay.

Onward...until next time...
Tom
WA9WSJ
Novice Class

Re: "Error while loading IOTA file"...now success!

Post by WA9WSJ »

Hi Chuck,

Well I did the uninstall and reinstall. Funny it came up with an error "unable to execute file", create process failed code 740. The requested operation requires elevation.

But the desktop icon came up and so I tried it and it worked. I loaded all the parameters and all is working again.
Old files loaded okay.
Just made a few contacts and it logged them okay.

Onward...until next time...
Tom