Label Design Help

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
N7RD
Novice Class

Label Design Help

Post by N7RD »

Yes, trying to get the Avery 8160 labels to print here. I have measured and reset numbers many times and it seems nothing is working. Either have everything lined up at top but not bottom or bottom not top. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Gone through too many labels and still nothing is working for me. Guess I am saying HELP!

Tnx,
Ron N7RD
Best Regards,
Ron D. Smith N7RD
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Label Design Help

Post by KI5IO »

Ron,

When setting up labels to print don't use an actual sheet of labels until you get things sorted out. Just print to a plain sheet of paper and do an overlay on a label sheet and see how it looks. Saves $$.

I also am using the Avery 8160 labels and did some tweaking to get things lined up. Now my settings may not precisely work for you as it is also dependent upon the printer. In fact I may have to adjust mine a bit as I got a new color printer a couple months back and I've not tried printing any labels since I got the new printer. Your question will have me testing that printer tomorrow morning.

I've enclosed a screen shot of my settings for the Avery 8160.
Avery-8160_Log4OM.JPG
Avery-8160_Log4OM.JPG (45.64 KiB) Viewed 4628 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N7RD
Novice Class

Post by N7RD »

Hi Nolan, thanks for the info. Yes after messing up couple of sheets I did use just plain paper. I believe my problem is in the vertical and horizontal settings as I can see yours are much different. What a pain, hi. Guess am use to just setting label number and it working out for me, just lazy, hi. Again thanks for the help.

Ron N7RD
Best Regards,
Ron D. Smith N7RD
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Ron,

I worked on mine until late last night (you got me motivated). The new settings ended up quite a bit different from what I posted from my old printer.

Part of the nuance is that the measurements are metric and that is not quite as common to us here stateside. The form size is also A4 which is a smidge different size than our common 'letter' size.

I'm pretty sure adding some option depth to the label setup and create routine is on the list for consideration for the new version of Log4OM.

Being able to create one's own label would be nice as well along with the static one with the current program.
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The Avery 8160 is as far as I know a standard A4 size so clearly it will be wrong for any 'Letter' size label stationary
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Terry - The Avery 8160 labels I have (stateside) sit on an 8-1/2x11 page. I would expect that the same 8160 over there would be on an A4 size page.

I've tweaked settings and when I print a test page I have things set reasonably well, but there is still some creep on the lower 1/4 of the page.

I've printed some actual labels and due to font size changes (on callsign), etc.. it tends to creep in larger steps and quicker.

I'll keep on adjusting and testing.

I think it would be nice (future release) if a "letter size" page option could be available along with the A4.
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Just create your own letter size template
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Thanks Terry for the kickstart.

I took the time tonight to wipe a slate clean and start again and got it nailed down.

Biggest thing I came across was a simple click for printing the labels from within the PDF print page and to be sure I selected "actual size" as opposed to "fit".

Makes a big difference.
Attachments
AdobeActualSize.JPG
AdobeActualSize.JPG (75.85 KiB) Viewed 4596 times
Plano, TX