No solar datas are in the log, if using JTAlert for logging.

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
DF2MC
Advanced Class

No solar datas are in the log, if using JTAlert for logging.

Post by DF2MC »

In my case I am using JTAlert for logging in between of WSJT-x.
By this way of logging, the solar datas will not be considered in the log entry.
If I make manual log entrys, the solar datas are written to the log correct.
It would be nice, even using JTAlert for logging the Solar-Datas are written each time to the log as well.

By the way I moved this issue from the German forum over here.
Perhasp others have got the same question.

VY73 Hans DF2MC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: No solar datas are in the log, if using JTAlert for logging.

Post by G4POP »

DF2MC wrote: 14 Nov 2017, 02:54 In my case I am using JTAlert for logging in between of WSJT-x.
By this way of logging, the solar datas will not be considered in the log entry.
If I make manual log entrys, the solar datas are written to the log correct.
It would be nice, even using JTAlert for logging the Solar-Datas are written each time to the log as well.

By the way I moved this issue from the German forum over here.
Perhasp others have got the same question.

VY73 Hans DF2MC
JTAlert writes directly to the Log4OM database and if the solar data is missing from the data JTAlert saves then you need to ask JTAlert's author this question and he will possibly add it, it is not a Log4OM error or deficiency
73 Terry G4POP
VK3AMA
Advanced Class

Post by VK3AMA »

G4POP wrote: 14 Nov 2017, 08:20 JTAlert writes directly to the Log4OM database and if the solar data is missing from the data JTAlert saves then you need to ask JTAlert's author this question and he will possibly add it, it is not a Log4OM error or deficiency
Terry,
This is not the case. JTAlert NEVER writes directly to the Log4OM Log, it never has. All logging to LoG4OM is done via the Log4OM UDP interface. Any writing to the Log file (either SQLite or mySQL) in response to a JTAlert QSO logging instruction is done by Log4OM only. I have previously advised you of this after previous erroneous statements about JTAlert direct writing to the Log4OM log file.

Regarding the lack of SFI data when logging via JTAlert, that will be due to that option not being enabled within JTAlert. It is neither a JTAlert or Log4OM deficiency but user error.

de Laurie VK3AMA (JTAlert author)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK3AMA wrote: 14 Nov 2017, 09:59
G4POP wrote: 14 Nov 2017, 08:20 JTAlert writes directly to the Log4OM database and if the solar data is missing from the data JTAlert saves then you need to ask JTAlert's author this question and he will possibly add it, it is not a Log4OM error or deficiency
Terry,
This is not the case. JTAlert NEVER writes directly to the Log4OM Log, it never has. All logging to LoG4OM is done via the Log4OM UDP interface. Any writing to the Log file (either SQLite or mySQL) in response to a JTAlert QSO logging instruction is done by Log4OM only. I have previously advised you of this after previous erroneous statements about JTAlert direct writing to the Log4OM log file.

Regarding the lack of SFI data when logging via JTAlert, that will be due to that option not being enabled within JTAlert. It is neither a JTAlert or Log4OM deficiency but user error.

de Laurie VK3AMA (JTAlert author)

Hi Laurie,
Sorry for the misconception and if I had stopped to think for a moment I should have realised, put it down to my advancing years :D

I did not realise the option was already in JTAlert I will let a few of my friends know about that.

At least between my mistake and your prompt reply the Log4OM user now knows where to look.

Thanks for the rapid feedback
73 Terry G4POP
DF2MC
Advanced Class

Post by DF2MC »

Hi Terry and Laurie,

I am sorry for the confusion, it was my fault !
It is well explained in the help file of JTAlert, how to use the solar datas.
I thougt the solar datas are coming from LOG4OM as displayed in LOG4OM and as in manual log entry mode.
I have never used Band Activity Window in JTAlert, I thougt it isn`t important for me.
Now the solar data are in the log of LOG4OM , Problem is is solved !! :-))

Thank you for your advise !!

VY 73 Hans DF2MC