Code 183 when trying to update to 1.30

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
WE0J
Novice Class

Re: Code 183 when trying to update to 1.30

Post by WE0J »

I'm running Windows 10 Home 64 bit.
Wondering if I could find my adi back up file so I don't loose my contacts, and uninstall the entire program and start from scratch ?
The windows update thing did cross my mind. I'll have to refresh my memory about how to go back.
Thank you!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WE0J wrote: 29 Nov 2017, 21:51 When trying to download the program the first box that pops up is an "error" yellow yield sign. Describes the file Log4OMmui.exe that it finds still there I guess. The boxes say "Abort" Retry" "Ignore". Tried them all. if I ignore, it stops 3 times with files that it has issues with. Then it acts like it has installed it but when you go to open the program it tells you there is an error and can't find the necessary files to open the program. Then when trying to manually delete the files you get a "File access Denied" box that pops up. On the file access denied box it says " try Again" in one box and "cancel" in the other. When I hit try again it briefly shows a progress bar then shows the access denied box again.
All of this just happened after the program was running fine. Fairly new computer here also. Never had a problem. I have not changed anything with the computer what so ever. Have it set up to get windows updates automatically. It has been updated here recently.
Just literally bored yesterday (no new DX) so I thought it would be a good time to update to the latest version. It seems for me here lately if it can break, or get fouled up some how it probably will.
Sorry for the frustrating issue,
73 Joe
But you said that you already had downloaded it?????

Do you have Teamviewer and Skype on the Log4OM computer?
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Do a search for *.adi which will find all files with that extension and one will be the latest log file.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
WE0J
Novice Class

Post by WE0J »

Terry,

Sorry, I mean when I go to install it after the download is unzipped not "When I go to download the program". And No on both on the log computer.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WE0J wrote: 29 Nov 2017, 23:05 Terry,

Sorry, I mean when I go to install it after the download is unzipped not "When I go to download the program". And No on both on the log computer.
Seems the only way I can assist is to have a teamviewr session with you, please install it and email me when ready at g4pop (AT) arrl.net
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Let me know if you have troubles.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
WE0J
Novice Class

Post by WE0J »

Terry, Chuck and Daniele,
I want to say that I figured it out but that isn't totally true. I did finally get it to work and update. I think it has to do with windows doing it's automatic updates and restarting the computer. I was fiddling with it and decided for some reason to restart the computer. After that I went to open the log program. It gave me a message that it couldn't find that OMUI file that it was not deleting from before. Ahha.. I knew I had it then. So I went back to the zip file and started over with the update. All went fine. So I don't know.... Probably something with this particular computer I would think. My apologies for bending everyone's brain cells. I sure appreciate all of your help from all of you guys.
Hope you all have a great holiday season.
73 and Thanks Again!
Joe WE0J