CQ Zone detection in Cluster (F9)

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
dk2lo
Old Man

CQ Zone detection in Cluster (F9)

Post by dk2lo »

I am looking for some CQ-Zones on selected bands for WAZ-award.
For example is there an option to highlight or alert any calls from Zone 19 on 80m.
I already searched the forum but did not find a solution for my task. I only found that HAMQTH provides more reliable Zone Informations than QRZ.COM.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
73 Olaf DK2LO
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CQ Zone detection in Cluster (F9)

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Olaf,

think you can handle this with cluster commands if the "Run Logon Script" funktion is enabled
in the cluster window and when the related cluster can handle this commands.

cluster.png
cluster.png (12.62 KiB) Viewed 3554 times

You can edit this file if you disconnect from the cluster and hit the button shown by the green line ;) ;)

B.t.w. you have to check out for clksudercommands and their syntax, i don´t have worked with special
commands yet.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Hi Jürgen,

thank you for the fast reply. But I think the login script is just started once at the start of the cluster. I need the zone information for each spot for filtering.

I already created in Settings an Alert for Asiatic Russia on 80m. This is better than nothing but Zone 19 is unfortunately only a part of Asiatic Russia. In the alert I can only select for DXCC countries and not for Zones. I dont know if there is a Zone-variable available in the script I can edit in the option Miscellaneous.
73 Olaf DK2LO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Olaf,

I don't believe the cluster server sends us any zone information the only way that I can see to do that is to set a filter to accept only spots for the required zone as a cluster command.
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Terry,

as you said, the normal clusters don´t give us some informations like this. If Olaf is working with
JT modes JTalert can handle this. In JTalert Setup you can filter by individual bands and also by
individual zones but this information is from the JTalert callsign list i beleave.

So in the normal clusters only by setting a filter if any cluster have this information ...

:cry: :cry:
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Hi Terry, hi Jürgen,

yes this is true but I could not find the corresponding cluster command. I know the JTALERT feature for Zones but this works only for WSJT-X.

Now my current solution for Zone 19 is using the Alert function for Asiatic Russia+80m and for calls with a 0. This is just a first approximation because only 0C, 0D, 0F, 0I, 0J, 0K, 0L, 0Q, 0X and 0Z calls from Asiatic Russia are from the desired Zone 19. This filter is not perfect but pretty good.

It would be a nice new feature for LOG4OM to get the zone information available for each spot. Perhaps the link to the external source HAMQTH could be used to deliver the best results or the database used in JTALERT.
73 Olaf DK2LO