CW Skimmer Question

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
WA2SQQ
Old Man

CW Skimmer Question

Post by WA2SQQ »

I've watched the video for the CW Skimmer setup at http://www.log4om.com/2015/04/16/log4om-and-cw-skimmer/
It explains that you must change the Telnet port from that used by the DX Cluster to that used by CW Skimmer.

Am I understanding it correctly that when I want to return to normal operation, not using CW Skimmer, I'd need to go and change the TELNET port back to the original setting? Is there some way that both addresses can be stored, and easily selected - Perhaps when CW mode is selected?
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CW Skimmer Question

Post by NN7D »

The address which you enter for your own CW Skimmer should be retained in the drop down window, for use later.

However, if you would like to see spots from other skimmers in your area, as well as normal spots, you can use the excellent software CC Userby VE7CC. With CC User you can turn skimmer spots on and off with a mouse click in the CC User interface. You can also filter spots by various spotter locations (countries and states/provinces), bands, and by spot locations. Is that perhaps what you were looking for?

Terry - G4POP, may know a way to combine your own CW Skimmer spots with those of CC User. I think I remember some chatter on that subject.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CW Skimmer Question

Post by G4POP »

The answer to this is of a three fold nature dependent on what the user requires.

1. The user can add the CW Skimmer telnet port to the list of cluster providers in the F3 Cluster connection window by adding it to the 'Cluster' file accessed via the Options/Select Config. Expert mode as below. This way the user can change from the CW skimmer to any other cluster at will - It is not possible to link this to a specific mode.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (125.27 KiB) Viewed 2656 times

2. Use the VE7CC cluster as described in the last post with applied filters for CW Skimmer

3. Run the CW Skimmer software alongside Log4OM employing Omnirig so that clicking cluster spots in the Skimmer program synchronises Log4OM and the radio for frequency and mode. See screen shot below

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (177.61 KiB) Viewed 2656 times

Alternatively wait for version 2.0 of Log4OM which includes a cluster aggregator whereby Log4OM can connect to up to 6 different clusters or sources and aggregate the results into a single display. I am currently aggregating my CW Skimmer software, the SOTA spots cluster, a filtered DX Spider cluster from GB7MBC and the VE7CC cluster
73 Terry G4POP