can't log QSO

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: can't log QSO

Post by DF5WW »

WA1MAD wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 14:00 Thanks Terry and Charles. Keeping my fingers crossed. I also checked QRZ where I send all my contacts, but it seems there is no easy way to capture the list.
QRZ.com download:

Login to your qrz account. Open your logbook. If logbook is opened hit "Settings" on the upper right side of the window.
Now a new site opens and you have 2 items (Import and Export). If you like to download the complete log hit Export and
follow the instructions.

Note: For ham users this works only 1 time. If you are a xml subscriber you can do this whenever you want.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Michael,

If you would like to schedule a TeamViewer session to help fix your log, let me know, or best yet, email me at my QRZ email address and we can set up a session.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

I looked for .SQLITE file extensions, but found none with logbook or WA1MAD. I did however find a restore point from 12 days ago and am trying that right now. My log4om version is 1.21. Should I delete it and install the latest version, 1.27, or install over the older one? System restore is still restoring files and settings. I surely don't want to mess things up if this works. Hoping to get my log back. I know "back-up, back-up, back-up" Computer just finished restore. Waiting with fingers crossed. Hmmm, just got that WARNING box DB upgrade required C:\Users\MikeWA1MAD\downloads\wa1mad.95415.20150303040321(1).adj
The lower right part of my log4om screen is a red dot WinKeyer IRED and the above string C:\Users etc etc. my countries and latest spots are all red. When I hit AD I still get the SQL logic error or missing database no such table:LOG
Any other ideas?

I'm not doing anything with that.
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

Not doing anything with DB upgrade message that is.
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

I'm going to bow out of this issue as there are too many with ideas and it's getting like the dog chasing itself around the pole.

My parting suggestion is to download Lgo4OM with the latest version and install it right over the old version. Find any files with the .adi extension, try to install the logbook database and see where we are.

I'm sure the user is getting confused with all the ideas. Not knocking them but hard to see the forest because of all the trees.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

Chuck, understood. It does get that way. I do appreciate your efforts. Wish I knew what I did so I don't do it again. 73
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

If I am able to download my QRZ logbook. Will it be an adif file that can be used with log4om? I'd like to put it on a memory stick.
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Mike,
Did you do as I suggested?

To help you with this we need a plan/structure of attack and stick to it so we can find out what is going on. It's a step by step analysis of action and result.

Right now from your last note, I can't tell if Log4OM is running correctly or not and now all remaining is to get back your log.
Two completely different things and one must happen before the other.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Mike contacted me, we had a TeamViewer session to work on his missing log. There was no trace of his Sqlite log file on his computer, so that is a mystery of the vanishing log file.

We were able to Create a new log, then do an adif file import from the latest good backup, which was a few days old. He will have to manually enter a few QSO's which he logged since then and uploaded to QRZ, so he has the details. Also changed his settings to perform a secondary backup which will never be deleted, so he does not get into the trap of restarting Log4OM so many times after a vanishing log, that all the backups are useless.

Also updated Mike to Log4OM 1.30. All good.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

Hi all, I can't thank Doug enough for his patience with me and his skill with LOG4OM and my computer. Also thanks to each of you for replying to my dilemma in a super timely fashion. The LOG4OM program and forum is fortunate to have you all, willing to help out and get problems resolved. Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all. Mike WA1MAD