LoTW weirdness

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
WT0DX
Advanced Class

Re: LoTW weirdness

Post by WT0DX »

In the 1.31.00 release.... is this the fix for the LOTW download issue: "Added checks to WAS import in order to try fixing non coherent data for USA, Alaska and Hawaii." ?

Bill WT0DX (formerly WB9KPT)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Yes
73 Terry G4POP
EC1DQ
Novice Class

Post by EC1DQ »

Hi all,

I updated to the last release and I still have something with a "DC" station. It appears like state number 51, as "DC // District of Columbia" on the state field and "DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA" on the County field. It appears with the same red box (NOT FOUND) as it did on last version with the other states. Any comment about it?

Thanks!
w0ls
Advanced Class

Post by w0ls »

It appears that this version (1.31) fixed all of my state entries. Thanks!!

Harry
W0LS
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

EC1DQ wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 18:23 Hi all,

I updated to the last release and I still have something with a "DC" station. It appears like state number 51, as "DC // District of Columbia" on the state field and "DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA" on the County field. It appears with the same red box (NOT FOUND) as it did on last version with the other states. Any comment about it?

Thanks!
That is not a Log4OM or LotW Problem. It´s a problem of the Callsign Owner which write "DC" as a State in qrz.com or other
online services. The same appears for the DXCC U.S. Virgin Islands when those Users write "VI" in the state field.

DC is not a state of the United States and VI also is not one, but those wrong inputs at qrz & co. will force this problem.

An example:

If i go to qrz or hamqth and fill "RP" (for Rhineland Palatinate" in the state field you will have an unknown state more in the
WAS statistics. It´s outside of the United States (as VI for Virgin Islands is too) but it will be shown as "Unknown" in the WAS
Stats ...

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Log4OM fixes only states in usa, Alaska and Hawaii that have a valid state in the was.csv reference file. Everything else it's managed as unrecognized and Log4OM doesn't touch data it doesn't perfectly know
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

So, I am assuming DC (which is a weird one) just needs the state removed and save it?
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

yes, or replaced with the correct state.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

So I had many entries that had this problem. I corrected many, manually. I just updated to 1.31.1 Will this fix all the remaining ones automatically, or only new entries looking forward?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WA2SQQ wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 23:11 So I had many entries that had this problem. I corrected many, manually. I just updated to 1.31.1 Will this fix all the remaining ones automatically, or only new entries looking forward?

Which issue are you refering to the change of syntax by LOTW or the recording of incorrect stat information like DC?
73 Terry G4POP