sqkite log

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
kc5nmr
Novice Class

sqkite log

Post by kc5nmr »

Just downloded the new version of log4om and can not fine my sqlite log. What should I do?

kc5nmr
kc5nmr
Novice Class

Re: sqkite log

Post by kc5nmr »

That should read sqlite log

kc5nmr
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

do a global search of the computer to find its location - Search on *.SQLite (Star Dot SQLITE)

Once you locate it go to File/Open database in Log4OM, navigate to the file and open it
73 Terry G4POP
kc5nmr
Novice Class

Post by kc5nmr »

Thanks for the reply. I did that and still no sqlite log. I must have something set up wrong. I am trying to get JT Alert to auto log in log4om.

kc5nmr
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi KC5NMR,

Do you know where you stored your log on your computer? This is essential and I would encourage all users to know their log location. With a normally operating install of Log4OM, the location and name of the log file is in the lower right corner of the main Log4Om window.

If indeed your sqlite log file is missing, you can recover the log by restoring from a backup. Warning, do not keep restarting Log4Om when you log has gone missing, as each time you do, you create a new backup. And if you have used the default number of backups, I believe it is 6, you can replace your good backups with 6 empty backups. Best to increase the number of backups to a larger number, AND change your setup to also create a secondary backup which is never deleted. These settings are in Settings, Settings 1 tab, right side.

In order to restore from a backup, find your backups (see above settings), then follow the instructions on page 28 and 29 of the Log4OM User Guide.

Let us know how it goes. 73,

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
kc5nmr
Novice Class

Post by kc5nmr »

I created a new database and it is located in the bottom right corner of log4om and it is in JT Alert settings but it still not working. I must not have a settings right.

AJ..kc5nmr
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

First problerm could be that Log4OM logging is not enabled in the JTalert settings:

JTalert.png
JTalert.png (39.8 KiB) Viewed 4579 times

second problem could be that UDP Port is different to the UDP port in the communicator inbound settings.
UDP Port in JTalert and in the communicator must be the same ....

communicator.png
communicator.png (8.23 KiB) Viewed 4579 times

Last but not least: Log4OM must be run with administrator privileges ....

By the way, don´t change UDP Port in WSJT-X. It´s on 2237 and that is o.K. so WSJT-X UDP must be diferent to the JTAlert/Log4OM communicator UDP.

;) ;)

NOTE: If you must do some changes please restart all the uses applications in the following order:

First Log4OM
2nd WSJT-X
3rd JTalert

In this order Log4OM has CAT control. If you use Omnirig you can set the Rig in WSJT-X also to Omnirig and you will
have control with WSJT-X too, but Log4OM have alwasys to run first.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
kc5nmr
Novice Class

Post by kc5nmr »

Thanks for the reply. That really helped. the problem was the udp ports were not the same. Works good now.

Thank you
kc5nmr..AJ