Manual time checkbox

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
yt9tp
Old Man

Manual time checkbox

Post by yt9tp »

When I check 'Manual time' and 'Use real end time' it works fine.

But, when I exit Log4Om and open it again, state of these checkboxes is reset. It should save state of these checkboxes.
YT9TP, op. Pedja, QTH Uzice, Serbia, http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Manual time checkbox

Post by G4POP »

Not an error that is the way it is designed to work after lengthy discussions with long term Log4OM users
73 Terry G4POP
yt9tp
Old Man

Post by yt9tp »

I fit was me programming it, I would put one check box in Settings to allow user to choose one behavior or another, but that is me. Here, you are the boss and I will not upset you any more by suggesting improvements.
YT9TP, op. Pedja, QTH Uzice, Serbia, http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

What sense does it makes if the "manual time" setting is saved when shutting down L4O ??? After a new restart next day you will have wrong date and time if push the "ADD" button if you forget to uncheck "manual". Automatic time- and date setting is out of order if manual time is checked. So the best way is the way which is used now. After a restart all is on automatic again. You couldn´t log with wrong data.

I see a lot of postings from you here in the forum but in no one another L4O user wrote "Yeah that´s a nice idea we should do this to the mantis list" ..... Looks like the most users like the software as it is.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Juergen,
Yes this was debated for a long time by the testers after one of them had inadvertently logged for some time without realising that manual had been set ever since he had done some manual entries of his old paper logbook some days before!

We turned this subject upside down but in the end we decided that the check box setting should not be persistent upon a restart to avoid data corruption.

The only other alternative we considered was to have a warning pop up when the program was restarted to ensure that the user was aware he had manual time set but it was decided that it would be very messy and unwelcome by many.
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

and there is a big pink box that advise you about manual timing... this it's a punch in the eye, and should be noticed ;)

Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH