VFO A FROZEN!

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4SJX
New user

VFO A FROZEN!

Post by G4SJX »

Hi, have been running Log4OM for some time now without any problems but on starting the prog. 2 days ago it appears that VFO thinks its on 14.235000Mhz VFO B follows my rig correctly, the rig switches via cluster spots but VFO continues to read 14.235000. I'm using Omnirig the rig is a FT1000MP MK V Field. Hamlib shows the correct frequency. All other progs follow VFO A frequency correctly. Have deleted and re installed both Log4 and Omnirig.
Hope you can help. Any advise would be most gratefully received.
73 de Mike G4SJX
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: VFO A FROZEN!

Post by IW3HMH »

Please start log4om and set TRACE MODE in settings -> log level
then do some activities on VFO A and B (if possible do a frequency change / vfo switch every minute and take note of what you did on a separate sheet).
The purpose is to have something like:

at 13:03 i have set VFO A freq to XXXXX -> Log4OM showed ZZZZ and we can check what the log reports at 13:03
at 13:04 i have switched to VFO B freq to XXXX -> .....

This is because log is very verbose as the rig is polled frequently and we can't see what you're seeing in your rig in order to identify if the issue is coming from omnirig/hamlib that reports the wrong freq or a misinterpretation of data while log4om is showing data on the UI

At the end, send us the log file filling a support request that produce the package. use mail
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4SJX
New user

Re: VFO A FROZEN!

Post by G4SJX »

Hi, thanks for your reply, Log4om just gets better and better as on starting up the program this morning all is ok again the only thing I did was to run N1MM+ first, that also showed 14235000 for less than one second then it showed the correct frequency from there on. Log4 has performed without fault all day. Thanks once again.
73 de Mike G4SJX