BandMaser Needed list

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

BandMaser Needed list

Post by KD0ZV »

Trying to figure out if this works. Not much documentation I could find on Bandmaster.

The program works well but I have not figured out if its possible to pull needed countries from Log4OM.

Under Bandmaster Settings there is an option to get the needed list from external logging program but no other info I could find.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: BandMaser Needed list

Post by G4POP »

From the Bandmaster Help in Bandmaster but not implemented in Log4OM at this time
Automation
Like all our products, BandMaster has an open Automation interface. You can easily control the program from an Excel spreadsheet, from WinWord, MS Access, and even from an HTML document.
Software developers can use the same interface to fully integrate BandMaster into their applications. If your favorite logging and contesting programs do not have a good band map, talk to their authors and ask them to integrate their software with BandMaster. See the Interface Reference section for automation details.

At the time of writing this section (May 2004), integration with BandMaster was implemented only in the AALog logging software by DX Soft Group.
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Yes I guess I did see that but since as of writing was 16 years ago, I thought maybe things had changed.

So, I am guessing that is not on the list of things to do for Log4OM?

Thank you Terry

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Yes it is on our Mantis list together with full integration of all other Afreet software and also MixW, just when it will be done I have no idea!
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Thanks again.

As much as I like bandmaster (mostly the ability to filter by neighbors within X miles) which Log4OM won't do, I am not sure I am going to run it all the time.

I like the band map feature but since you cant filter that panel it about makes it useless for me. Hoping Alex changes that.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You can filter all dxspider and ve7cc clusters by sending a filter command to the cluster you use. Do this from the Log4OM command field in the cluster

I have my cluster set to reject all spots where the spotter is not in the UK, Belgium and Holland (I live on the East coast of England)

I also have filters set only to accept certain HE bands and only CW and SSH Spots, you can filter on anything you like!
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

But by miles?

The problem is in the US a "0" call not longer means much because they could be in 6 land (California). I dont want to see spots from California. I just want to see spots from 700 miles from my lat/long.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Try reading the User Guide for the clusters which can be found here, it contains all of the information you require

http://wiki.dxcluster.org/index.php/DXS ... ing_Manual

Perhaps set a filter to reject all spots that are NOT generated by a spotter in 'Your State'

Check if you can accept ONLY spots from your locator (Grid reference) that should be as close as you would normally want to go unless you only want spots sent by your friend in the next town which can also be done.

I don't know enough about cluster filtering with DX Spider to provide a complete tutorial for you! but I have always found what I required was covered in the user guide above.
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Thanks Terry, I will take a look. Miles works best as my state is only about 250 miles across. To cover 500 to 700 miles around me I would have to add about 10 states and Canada which then stretches the miles out.

But I will check it out !!

Rich
kd0zv
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi Rich,

Take a look at CC User, written by VE7CC. It allows comprehensive filtering by spotter and DX. I normally have it set up to only offer regular spots, and skimmer spots from spottesr located in my state and neighboring states. Integration of CC User into Log4OM is covered on page 173 of the Log4OM manual. You can also set up audible alerts and email alerts via CC User. Very handy!

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA