No transmission in fldigi be able

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
DK6KM
Novice Class

No transmission in fldigi be able

Post by DK6KM »

Hello from DK6KM,
i have a problem, hope anybody could help.

I am using Yaesu FT 950 and Yaesu SCU 17 Interface in correspondence with log4om.
My problem is, i can receive the digital radio signals but I cannot transmit with my rig.
I have looked up in google for settings and watched your YouTube videos, but no solution does work.
I am using XML-RPT for the rig control.
Logging works fine but no transmission be able in fldigi. I hoped that full cat control works with the XML-RPT configuration in log4om and fldigi. I think i must set a special checkmark for correctly working.

vy 73 de Manuel DK6KM
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: No transmission in fldigi be able

Post by DF5WW »

Hello Manuel,

did the PTT button in Log4OM working ?
Did you use Omnirig or Hamlib for CAT ?

ptt.png
ptt.png (14.6 KiB) Viewed 5999 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
DK6KM
Novice Class

Post by DK6KM »

Yes PTT button works. I am using omnirig for rig control. I am successful using omnirig and scu 17 interface in wsjt x without any problem.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

O.k. Manuel.

in generally PTT is working .... Now it could be only something wrong in Log4OM communicator
or in the FLdigi settings ....

First we start with the Log4OM communicator. Did you have set in the communicator Settings/Inbound Settings/FlDigi
the following checkboxes, adress and port ?

If not you should stop the communicator with it´s STOP button, make your changes and start the communicator again.
After this close Log4OM and restart.

communicator.png
communicator.png (10.59 KiB) Viewed 5993 times

B.t.w. If you start Log4OM first XML-RPC don´t works. FlDigi must be run first before you starting Log 4 OM.
At the first start of FlDigi and when you set it to XML-RPC you have to hit the "Inizialize" button .... That´s
only for the first start ever. After this you have to close both programs and restart it in the correct way, FlDigi
first.

You can test PTT in Fldigi with the TX button in the bottom line. The Tune button in FlDigi don´t works with
XML-RPC connection.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
DK6KM
Novice Class

Post by DK6KM »

Ok all checked and now with first starting fldigi it works.
But now the problem is, the other stations cannot hear me I think.
I must set up something better in the configuration of the scu 17 In- and output-level I think.
I see on my power meter that no power goes out. Transmission light is red but no power. My power for fldigi is 30 Watts at the moment.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Please don´t set the output power in the transceiver. This one should be putting out the full 100 Watts.
You have to regulate the max. power with the audio setting in the windows sound mixer. Here you have
to look for the SCU-17 at loudspeaker side. Normally you can put out up to 50 - 60 W before ALC in
your TRX tries to regulate something. Take always a look to your ALC meter in the TRX. It should be
show nothing.

Now in german too.

Ich mach es nochmal kurz in Deutsch:

Also TRX auf 100 Watt und in den Pegeleinstellungen im Soundmixer (für die SCU) den Pegel soweit runter drehen das
die ALC im TRX garnicht mehr ausschlägt oder gerade so einen flackernden ersten Strich zeigt. So kann
man durchaus bis zu 50 - 60 Watt Output machen und hat ein sauberes Signal.

Wenn generell auch dann noch nichts an Leistung rausgeht wenn FlDigi sendet dann mal dort die Einstellung
für die Soundcard prüfen. Sicher hat die SCU-17 eigene Eintrage wie bspw Yaesu (Codec) oder sowas. Die müssen
sowohl für Sendung als auch für Empfang gewählt sein ...

Hope that helps
DK6KM
Novice Class

Post by DK6KM »

Thank you for the informations.
I think this is the problem I have now.
I must set the correct „pegel“ for audio codec ( scu 17)
and on my Transceiver I must choose the alc Meter and full 100 watts, hope that is right and it will work than.
My power meter doesn’t show anything of power out. But in wsjt x and mode ft8 it works great.

vy 74 de Manuel DK6KM
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Manuel,

think you will get it to work. WSJT-X and also JTDX (can handle FT8 meanwhile too) have the nice
gimmick that they have a slider for Power. With this you can regulate the Soundcard without using
the windows soundmixer. Would be nice if some other software have this possibility too but FlDigi
hasn´t ...

:cry: :cry:
DK6KM
Novice Class

Post by DK6KM »

OK Jürgen,

thank you for your help.

I think I will get it to work too, I must only check some different settings of soundlevel and than it should work. I hope so. But I am not sure if I must see any power out on my power meter than or not, but I think I must see something.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

You must see some output on your PWR meter ... On my end all is working perfect with a TS-480SAT and
my used Digimaster Pro 3 Modem from ZLP electronics. I don´t know anything about the SCU-17 and
your Transceicer but it must be work too with FlDigi if it works with WSJT-X and/or JTDX.

;) ;)