Cluster settings - wrong DXCC for some Calls

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
DF1LX
Novice Class

Cluster settings - wrong DXCC for some Calls

Post by DF1LX »

Hi,

1. The integrated Clusterwindow show ALL announcements - but I do the configuration, that only Spots from EU have to be shown - where can I configure that the integrated main clusterwindow is filtered too?
2. I imported 26k QSOs based on a fresh install. I found some smaller wrong DXCC idents (e.g. TO2 -> ABU AIL - deleted) and changed it manually - Request: could this be changed for "ALL" QSOs which are done in the past? For new QSOs it is done corrcectly (-> FH Mayotte).
3. What about a new feature, that ADD QSL Manager based on File, Internet or ... to the QSO (manually or automatically)?
4. It may make sense, that the cluster browser analyse the comment field for MODE (e.g. XY1YC was reported on 7.042 and in the comment "RTTY" - log4om says "CW" as mode. It maybe good to check the comment field?
5. ZM90DX is standard "ZL" country based on 90years celebration of ham radio - it is still missing and counts as ZL9 -> How to set ZM90xx as only "ZL"?

That´s all and have fun

Peter DF1LX
Greetings and CW for ever

Peter DF1LX

see u on the band
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster settings - wrong DXCC for some Calls

Post by G4POP »

1. The integrated Clusterwindow show ALL announcements - but I do the configuration, that only Spots from EU have to be shown - where can I configure that the integrated main clusterwindow is filtered too?
Hi Peter,
The F3 cluster window displays the raw data provided by the cluster and can be filtered by sending a command to the cluster in the message field at the bottom

Once the filter command has been sent to the cluster it remains active until you send a command to clear the filter

Example

To only receive spots from CQ zone 14 send this command...

Accept/spots 1 by_zone 14

To clear this filter send...

Clear/spots 1

The one (1) is the number of the filter so for example you could set several filters as follows

1 only accept spots from CQ zone 14
2 reject spots for the state of Arizona
3 don't show any spots from spotter G4POP

Etc

A full list of these cluster commands can be found by searching using Google
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DF1LX wrote: 5. ZM90DX is standard "ZL" country based on 90years celebration of ham radio - it is still missing and counts as ZL9 -> How to set ZM90xx as only "ZL"?
I don't think that you have updated the Clublog database or the SCL database because ZM90DX is an exception shown in the list and it displays as ZL when entered in Log4OM
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (35.94 KiB) Viewed 6436 times
73 Terry G4POP
DF1LX
Novice Class

Post by DF1LX »

That is working - F3 something.

But if I start Log4om one main clusterwindow is integrated in the UI where I can select "Latest spots" and so on - this show EVERY spot and seems not to be filtered to only EU as ALL other "extra" cluster windows (Telnet Window - F1, F2, F3 is possible).
I can only hide or show this integrated "window" in the main log4om window..

I DO NOT use the Clublogdatabase and SCL database for I do not know why I should use it :) But from now on I should use it.
On the other hand I use log4om very seldom and tried it once again to get update of the newest functions :)

Peter
Greetings and CW for ever

Peter DF1LX

see u on the band
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DF1LX wrote: 2. I imported 26k QSOs based on a fresh install. I found some smaller wrong DXCC idents (e.g. TO2 -> ABU AIL - deleted) and changed it manually - Request: could this be changed for "ALL" QSOs which are done in the past? For new QSOs it is done corrcectly (-> FH Mayotte).
We already provide this facility during import, just check the box marked "Update countries in ADIF" see below....
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (42.68 KiB) Viewed 6434 times
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DF1LX wrote: 4. It may make sense, that the cluster browser analyse the comment field for MODE (e.g. XY1YC was reported on 7.042 and in the comment "RTTY" - log4om says "CW" as mode. It maybe good to check the comment field?

We use the ITU Regional band plans for determining the mode according to the frequency of the spot but you can edit these band plans if you wish using notepad to edit the band plan_r1,r2 or r3 xml files located in your C:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\LogOM folder
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DF1LX wrote: 3. What about a new feature, that ADD QSL Manager based on File, Internet or ... to the QSO (manually or automatically)?
Sorry I don't understand this request could you please explain in more detail?
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DF1LX wrote:That is working - F3 something.

But if I start Log4om one main clusterwindow is integrated in the UI where I can select "Latest spots" and so on - this show EVERY spot and seems not to be filtered to only EU as ALL other "extra" cluster windows (Telnet Window - F1, F2, F3 is possible).
I can only hide or show this integrated "window" in the main log4om window..

If you send the filter to your cluster provider as described then all cluster displays will only show the filtered results.

Alternatively use the EU filter provided in the "Custom" tab of the Cluster F9 side pane
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (38.16 KiB) Viewed 6434 times
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DF1LX wrote:I DO NOT use the Clublogdatabase and SCL database for I do not know why I should use it :)
These lists are provided to ensure that you have the most up to date information relating to call signs because the data provided by QRZ and similar are not often correct for special events and DXpeditions

On the other hand I use log4om very seldom
What software do you normally use?
73 Terry G4POP