qso not logging & importing adif file issue.

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
ea7vpg
Novice Class

Re: qso not logging & importing adif file issue.

Post by ea7vpg »

Never touched a thing 'my lord' everything working Terry. No delays.... Why ? thanks for the help. 73 Neil
ke5td
Novice Class

Post by ke5td »

I did the update on 2/14/2018 to ver. 2.10.15 of JTAlert but the problem only started this morning and I have turned off Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and Malwarebytes (normally Windows Defender is turned off). It is really strange ...it is not on each instance of logging some of the time it works as normally it would. On the question of logging directly in Log4OM it seems to work without a problem, but I have only logged one qso directly in Log4OM today.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ke5td wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 16:36 I did the update on 2/14/2018 to ver. 2.10.15 of JTAlert but the problem only started this morning and I have turned off Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and Malwarebytes (normally Windows Defender is turned off). It is really strange ...it is not on each instance of logging some of the time it works as normally it would. On the question of logging directly in Log4OM it seems to work without a problem, but I have only logged one qso directly in Log4OM today.
Well something is interrupting the data flow and it not likely to be Log4OM, have you checked the hamapps forum to see if anyone has reported this with respect to JTAlert?
73 Terry G4POP
ke5td
Novice Class

Post by ke5td »

Nothing reported on JTAlert forum, but I may have found the problem and it is self correcting....my pc has been running a maintenance health review most of the morning. I found this as I was turning windows firewall on. Thanks for the help and sorry to have taken up your time. (Sometimes I just hate Windows 10, but most of the time it is just fine ...hi hi).
KG2C
New user

Post by KG2C »

I do seem to be having the same problem the past few days. Everything worked great with Log4OM 1.30 and the January version of JTAlert and without changes to either JTAlert started giving errors about QSOs not being logged. Meanwhile Log4OM would be unresponsive for anywhere from 10sec to more than a minute which was very odd.
I tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling the latest versions of both programs, and also moving the SQLite database to my SSD. The computer restart seemed to help the most but it was a temporary fix as things got bad again. Interestingly JTAlert would complain about the QSO not being logged sometimes after I have already seen it update in Log4OM. Every time I get the error it would eventually appear in Log4OM but it would not be shown as Worked B4 in JTAlert.
I don't think it is a problem with either program as it occurred when I didn't make changes to either, so most likely a Windows issue. I will experiment more with my settings to try to solve it, but I just wanted to share that it is not affecting just one person.

Since the timing is similar for both of us, it could be related to a recent Windows update. I run Windows 10 which likes to update itself regularly.

Edit: KE5TD was correct about the Health Report. I also had a scan that finished today and the problem is now gone.
NC4AB
Novice Class

Post by NC4AB »

Add me to the list with this problem, have been running 1.31.1.0 for a couple weeks, everything was working great,

Log4OM had always saved the QSO from WSJT-X in less than 2 seconds, some time in the last 24 hours something changed and it takes 30 -45 seconds to log the data and during this time Log4OM shows "not responding". Running latest version of Windows 10.

TNX

NC4AB
NC4AB
Novice Class

Post by NC4AB »

Somehow magic occurred over night, now Log4OM and WSJT-X are working like normal with data getting from WSJT-X to Log4OM in 2 seconds or less.

No changes made to either program so my only explanation would be some Windows 10 bloatware running in the back ground and screwing the data transfer.

Now back to making some QSOs.

TNX to the LOG4OM team for making such a great program !!!!

NC4AB
WT0DX
Advanced Class

Post by WT0DX »

I have had the same problem this weekend. Very slow logging from JTAlert. Very slow updates to QSOs. I noticed that the QRZ site is running very slow, perhaps due to CQ CW contest. I had QRZ lookup enabled, when I disabled, then everything was fine again.

Bill WT0DX (former WB9KPT)