qso not logging & importing adif file issue.

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
ea7vpg
Novice Class

qso not logging & importing adif file issue.

Post by ea7vpg »

Hi.. two issues. I had everything working fine then for whatever reason log4om came up with the an error not logging the qso from wsjt-x. Not to concerned I would import the wsjt-x adif file into my ea7vpg.SQlite default database. When I try to import the wsjt-x adif file I keep getting Error while importing the logbook. In the bottom right of Log40om I have the route to my ea7vpg.SQlite showing.
Back to the no logging error. I keep getting FAILURE QSO not logged. Error message Log4Om MySQL unable to confirm qso logged. Note the qso is still saved to wsjt-x log file.
FYI in wsjt-x I have the UDP settings correct 127.0.0.1 & 2237 and in JTAlert X logging/log4om the enable log4om logging is enabled with 127.0.0.1 & 2236 set and with communicator auto enabled in log4om session settings. The communicator is running.
The windows firewall is open.

strange how everything was working then suddenly these tow issues manifests itself. Finally I have had a look at the ADIF file in Notebook with nothing untoward showing. Any thoughts appreciated.
73 Neil
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: qso not logging & importing adif file issue.

Post by G4POP »

The inbound port in Log4OM should be 2236 and it should also be 2236 in the Logging/Log4OM dialog of JTAlert
73 Terry G4POP
LB6B
Novice Class

Post by LB6B »

I am getting the same after updating to 1.31.1.0.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-02-17 12.26.52.png
Screenshot 2018-02-17 12.26.52.png (125.71 KiB) Viewed 5893 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Did you install Log4om to Run as an administrator as in the quick start guide?
73 Terry G4POP
LB6B
Novice Class

Post by LB6B »

Thanks, yes I do.
It only happens randomly. Perhaps one out of ten. Sometimes it get into the log sometimes not.
Have been running Log4OM for ages but have noever seen this before the last update.
ea7vpg
Novice Class

Post by ea7vpg »

Thanks Terry for the advice. I am running log4om as administrator..... whether this is the same as installing it to run as administrator I'm not sure. I am a typical ham just installed it then read the manual afterwards. Running as administrator allows the adif from wsjt-x to be imported so that is squared away. The second regarding the qso logging error. It still appears and I have confirmed in communicator inbound is 2236 and that JTalert is also 2236 and wsjt-x is 2237. The weird part is after about a minute or so the last confirmed qso appears in Recent QSO (F8) why the long delay ?

After reading about installing as administrator I tried installing it again but wasn't given this option it just self installed. 73 Neil
ea7vpg
Novice Class

Post by ea7vpg »

just checked again.... after ticking OK from the wsjt-x qso box it takes 17 secs for JTAlert x to come up with the error logging to my ea7vpg.SQlite database then 32 seconds after clicking OK the qso details appears in my Recent QSO listing.
Odd ! 73 Neil
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Sounds like something is blocking the data, did you try turning off firewalls and anti virus and malware programs
73 Terry G4POP
ke5td
Novice Class

Post by ke5td »

I am also having the same issue with the long delay in recording a qso from wsjt-x and JTAlert. It just started this morning and records as a failure to log, but does show up in recent qso in about 30+ seconds. I have checked the UDP ports in communicator and JTAlert and they are both set to 2236 and have reinstalled 1.31.1 as Administrator, but problem persists.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Did you each update to the latest release of JTalert this week and if you did I wonder if that is the problem?

Is there any issue with normal logging in Log4om when not using jtalert/wsjt-x?
73 Terry G4POP