Icom 7300 CAT issues, resolved (FYI)

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
kd7mw
Advanced Class

Icom 7300 CAT issues, resolved (FYI)

Post by kd7mw »

Like several others, I had problems getting my Icom 7300 to communicate with Log4OM. I now have it working, and I think I've figured out what was happening.

1. The baud rate must be at 19200 or slower. Even if a faster rate works with another program.
2. Sometimes but not always, after changing parameters, they still won't work until you turn the radio on and off, or close and re-open Log4OM, or both.
3. As Terry G4POP noted, both the LogOMUI.exe and OmniRig.exe programs should be set to Run this program as an Administrator (in [right click], Properties, Compatibility, Change Settings for all users).
4. OmniRig has a Client.exe program that can be used to test connectivity with the radio. It can be very useful troubleshooting. The Client is available at the DXAtlas site, in the OmniRig section. http://www.dxatlas.com/OmniRig/

I believe #1 and #2 above have to do with OmniRig. Trust me, I can use 115200 baud in another program to enable real-time screen display of the 7300's waterfall. But Log4OM won't talk to the radio until I slow things down to 19200 baud. The documentation for the OmniRig test client has some hints that the order you do things matters, hence the suggestion to cycle power to the radio and close and re-open the program.

Hope this helps. 73!
--Peter, KD7MW
Log4OMCatSuccess.JPG
Log4OMCatSuccess.JPG (32.45 KiB) Viewed 2212 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Icom 7300 CAT issues, resolved (FYI)

Post by G4POP »

Thank you for the update, perhaps a word with Alex the author of Omnirig might get the speed issue resolved?
73 Terry G4POP