SDR Console + FT1K + Log4om all talking

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
ea7vpg
Novice Class

SDR Console + FT1K + Log4om all talking

Post by ea7vpg »

Hi... I have been trying unsuccessfully to get SDR Console V3 talking with my FT1000MP and log40m simultaneously. I have managed to get SDR Console talking with log4om qsying the freq. nicely pairing up 19/20 as per the manual using K5FR software. The rub is I want my FT1K to qsy also. If I sent up Omnirig for the FT1K the SDR stops talking to Log4om via the VSPE (K5FR) It all depends which one grabs the port first. What I am trying to achieve is running SDR Console with the freq etc going into Log4om which works using virtual paired ports 19/20 I now need the transceiver to qsy also when tracked by SDR Console. If I achieve this I can run in contesting mode e copying the qso's out log4om then converting to a Cabrillo file. FYI I have tried getting N1MM working in the same manner without success. N1MM doesn't use Omnirig. Any ideas how to get all three running and being nice to each other.
73 Neil
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: SDR Console + FT1K + Log4om all talking

Post by G4POP »

Well I use SDR-Radio consul with my RF-Space SDR-IP and my IC7600 and Log4OM

No VSPE required just set up Omnirig for the radio then because Omnirig multi threads both Log4OM and SDR Radio Consul work in harmony - I also run CWSkimmer and Bandmaster all also using Omnirig at the same time

N1MM is a different ball game and may require use of a VSP but you should seek help from the author of N1MM about that
73 Terry G4POP
ea7vpg
Novice Class

Post by ea7vpg »

Hi Terry .... I must be losing the plot. I have deleted the 19/20 vspe pair and reverted back to my FT1K Omnirig settings. SDR console is talking to the FT1K no problem. I then run log4om then tick CAT control when omnirig comes up detailing the FT1K connection details, I then click OK but it still wont show the frequency etc in the top of the display. The CAT status stays red at the bottom. For whatever reason omnirig is not multithreading through to log4om. My SDR is an SDRIQ.

73 Neil
ll resized.jpg
ll resized.jpg (18.07 KiB) Viewed 4871 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Without SDR-Radio running will Log4OM connect to the radio?

You did install Log4OM, Omnirig and SDR-Radio consul to 'Run as an administrator' didn't you?

If not re-install all three programs following the instructions on Page one of the Log4OM quick start guide - No need to uninstall ant programs.
73 Terry G4POP
ea7vpg
Novice Class

Post by ea7vpg »

Hi Terry... well that old egg certainly bit me in the bum. Nothing is mentioned in the manual about running SDR Console or Omnirig in Administrator mode. Log4om, yes it does specify running it in Administrator mode. Having changed the properties in the short cuts to run as administrator voila everything talks. Thanks. Perhaps you can answer this for me. Why in the manual does it have details of running a pair of VSP so that SDR Console can talk with log4om page 190 when in fact it can clearly talk via Omnirig and finally why does the software log4om, sdr console and omnirig all have to be run in administrator mode ? apologies to the experts if these questions appear basic.
atb 73 Neil
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Old information before I convinced Simon to add Omnirig support

Its a pity that the Omnirig user guide does not include the information 're running as an administrator :-( strictly speaking SDR CONSUL does not need to I just do it automatically because we had to with earlier versions
73 Terry G4POP
ea7vpg
Novice Class

Post by ea7vpg »

Looks as though the manual requires updating sometime to reflect what has been highlighted in this thread..... would save a lot of heartache and unnecessary postings. Thanks for your help. 73 Neil
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Complete section removed from user guide including all graphics and replaced by a few lines of text outlining what to do.

To view the changes download a fresh version of the user guide from the help menu

Also removed instructions for integrating DM780 as HRD have now changed the interface
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Will adapting this to the german manual in a few days. Not to much time yet ... ;) :(
But woldn´t it be better to let the DM780 integration in the manual with a Note that
this only work´s for older HRD V5 Versions ??
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.