Log4OM cluster window not recognizing some countries

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
yo3ipr
Advanced Class

Log4OM cluster window not recognizing some countries

Post by yo3ipr »

Updated post:

Hi All

I noticed a curious thing today in the Log4OM cluster window. 4U1A shows the country as blank.

If I enter the same call in the QSO entry field (with external databases disabled), it is correctly recognized as Austria

This suggests to me that the cluster window is not using the SCL file which the QSO entry field uses. Is that the expected behaviour or is something not working as it should?

P.S
I know this is not related to the connected cluster source as the country identification is done locally in Log4OM.

Thanks & 73
Tony YO3IPR
K7PT
Old Man

Re: Log4OM cluster window not recognizing some countries

Post by K7PT »

Tony,
Your almost right but the cluster uses the SCL and no other lookup as it would require another inter query.

It resolves correctly (Austria) in the call sign window because that window queries the SCL, ClubLog and QRZ (or HamQth).
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
yo3ipr
Advanced Class

Re: Log4OM cluster window not recognizing some countries

Post by yo3ipr »

Hi Chuck

As I wrote before I tried this with the external database lookups disabled (QRZ.com, HamQTH etc.) to be certain and got the same result, QSO entry identifies 4U1A as Austria. I also tried my second profile that has no external lookups configured (it is used for building an electronic log from paper archives only) and that works too, so this is clearly coming from Log4OM and not externally. However, in this case, I assume the 'source of truth" for QSO entry is the Log4OM Clublog database and not the SCL file, hence the difference with the cluster window.

I understand that since the cluster window is fast changing it's not practical to make it use the Clublog database as well as SCL.

Thanks for your help.

73, Tony YO3IPR