Audio Files

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
VK2YW
Advanced Class

Audio Files

Post by VK2YW »

Hi Terry and all,

My PC locked up the other night and the only way I could get it back was to hold the power button until it closed. When I brought it back up again I had lost all my config settings for Log4OM. Nothing except for the default config from when you load the program first up. I went back and created a new config and re-entered everything back in and got the program working again but the only thing I don't have back now are my audio files although they are there under the audio folder. How can I get the present config to find them or can't I? Latest Win 10. Not sure what caused the lock up as I haven't had one like that for a long time. ...I also lost my tuner reminder settings but strangely the program found the radio memory settings. Oh, and I didn't have to re-install the program - just ran it from my icon in the taskbar.

Any clues? searching the forum only shows some issues with the actual recordings although I didn't search for configuration issues.

John VK2YW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Audio Files

Post by G4POP »

John,
Had you reconfigured Log4OM from the backup file which includes the configuration file it would have save you a lot of time, however at least you have it mostly resolved.

Probably the audio files are not being picked up by the software because its a new configuration so you will need to re-create those files.
73 Terry G4POP
VK2YW
Advanced Class

Post by VK2YW »

Thanks Terry,

I thought I would probably have to re-record them which is fine as they needed updating anyway. I will have to RTFM I guess to see how to configure from the back up file :D

Thanks Terry and all - a great program

John 2YW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK2YW wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 09:16 Thanks Terry,

I thought I would probably have to re-record them which is fine as they needed updating anyway. I will have to RTFM I guess to see how to configure from the back up file :D

Thanks Terry and all - a great program

John 2YW
Hi John,
I think I did a video about restoring an old configuration, check out YouTube
73 Terry G4POP
VK2YW
Advanced Class

Post by VK2YW »

Thanks terry i will go and have a look in case it happens again