Possible bug after qso edit

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
KQ8M
Novice Class

Possible bug after qso edit

Post by KQ8M »

I am running FT8. After logging a QSO I then go in and edit because I export to another logging program which has a problem with the county field but then they all seem to do counties differently. If I had either sent or received a +00 report then save the edit the +00 report is changed to a +30. I went back into my log and found a number of +30's. The correct report is automatically uploaded at first entry to HRDLog, Club Log and eQSL. Not a show stopper but might want to check it out.

73 de Tim, KQ8M
Tim, KQ8M
KQ8M
Novice Class

Re: Possible bug after qso edit

Post by KQ8M »

More info on this.

The change happens not when saving after an edit but upon opening a QSO for edit.

Tm, KQ8M
Tim, KQ8M
KQ8M
Novice Class

Post by KQ8M »

Am I the only one seeing this?
Tim, KQ8M
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

checking
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Actual list of RST modes for JT systems will feature a list that has "00" on it.
When JT pushes "+00" into Log4OM it will be stored, as they are bypassing all Log4OM checks, but during QSO Edit the value in the database is not recognized, and then put to the default value (+30)

In order to fix that you should get the file reportlistJT.txt in the config folder, renaming it to reportlistJT_user.txt and setting +00 instead of 00 in the list.
This file will override the default one, matching the RST you're receiving from external software, and the value will not be defaulted anymore as it will be recognized by the software.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

How can I get a hold of that file Daniele?

Talking of files, can you tell me if in the UK we still need the 60m file that Terry made?

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 10:53 How can I get a hold of that file Daniele?

Talking of files, can you tell me if in the UK we still need the 60m file that Terry made?

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
You already have the file in the c:\••••••••••••\appdata\roamming\Logom folder just make a copy, change the name and add +00 as Lele explained.

Must be a crazy guy who decided on plus 00 zero is zero, end of
73 Terry G4POP
KQ8M
Novice Class

Post by KQ8M »

Well, that's how the WSJT-X software sends, rcvs and logs it. I think if one doesn't like it, one needs to take it up with the writers of the digital mode. That would be Joe Taylor, K1JT. By the way, why would you want to delete the post? Is there something offensive about it? BTW, Joe has won the Nobel prize. So much for crazy.

I did find that file and changed it to +00 and everything works fine now.
Tim, KQ8M