Flush Existing Clublog Database - it works!

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
N5ZY
Novice Class

Flush Existing Clublog Database - it works!

Post by N5ZY »

I ticked the box to Flush Existing Clublog Database then 'select all' and upload. It does not indicate it's doing anything. No 'Wait' or 'Success'.. I ran it twice because the first time I assumed when I clicked the 'upload' button that it didn't actually click. :-) Then my database disconnected and I had 0 logs instead of 5,315.. so after several minutes of panic I realized it was just disconnected from MySQL. I see in ClubLogs "Upload Queue History" that I have uploaded (twice) and both invoked the the clear operation.

So this is really just a notice to others who may experience this.

The previous logging program I used before Log4OM created a lot of duplicates so I'm thankful this was so easy to resolve.
Your Statistics and Awards utility is so easy to use and I'm very, very thankful to you for Log4OM.
The integration with LoTW and the ability to easy figure out what QSO's I need to confirm for DXCC Phone, DXCC Digital, etc is exactly what i've needed.
Now.. if only.. it would SMS me when the cluster indicates someone in my home call area works a DX that I sorely need! :-)
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Flush Existing Clublog Database - it works!

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Marcus,

for the clublog uloads take a look to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3365
An indication will following in the next release. The rollout of 1.32.0 was forced after IOTA and Clublog made some
changes on their websites and/or databases.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

N5ZY wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 15:38 I ticked the box to Flush Existing Clublog Database then 'select all' and upload. It does not indicate it's doing anything. No 'Wait' or 'Success'.. I ran it twice because the first time I assumed when I clicked the 'upload' button that it didn't actually click. :-) Then my database disconnected and I had 0 logs instead of 5,315.. so after several minutes of panic I realized it was just disconnected from MySQL. I see in ClubLogs "Upload Queue History" that I have uploaded (twice) and both invoked the the clear operation.

So this is really just a notice to others who may experience this.
Yes we need to add a notification that the upload succeeded.

Apologies for this but it is because we needed to release this version quickly because IOTA had changed from an XML download to JSON and Clublog had changed their URL

Now.. if only.. it would SMS me when the cluster indicates someone in my home call area works a DX that I sorely need! :-)
You can do two things here:

1. Send a filter to the DXSpider using the command facility in the Log4OM cluster window to only accept spots from certain areas - See http://wiki.dxcluster.org/index.php/DXS ... ing_Manual

2. Use the VE7CC software to configure VE7CC to only send you spots from your country or adjacent ones and once set up use the VE7CC cluster in Log4OM

Also check out our alerts system for receivent SMS, email and audio alerts when particular calls are displayed in the cluster
73 Terry G4POP
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

Following up on Terry's suggestion - next you'll have to inspire the users in your area of the country to become more active on the spotting clusters, if they're anything like the Texas area hams. For some reason the number of spotters around here has decreased precipitously over the last few years. When I'm on I try to spot everything I hear just to stir up a little interest. It's not working! :-)
73, Duane AC5AA
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Unfortunately some users think that spotting a nearby HAM in Texas is not an exotic callsign that Worth being reported.
Unfortunately those guys doesn't take into account we're (from europe) trying to catch the WAS award, and without spot on the cluster the only way is to use Log4OM supercluster (that works good for that)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH