Log4OM needs to close msg when starting up

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
W0OGH
Advanced Class

Log4OM needs to close msg when starting up

Post by W0OGH »

Couple of days ago i shut down the computer for an overnight rest. Next day when i cranked it back up things looked normal. I then started LOG4OM. It got to the point where it said "loading database" and then i got a msg on the screen that "Log4OM had encountered a problem and must shutdown". I don't believe it's a malware problem as MALWAREbytes is showing a clean system and nothing else on the computer is affected and there is lots of stuff on this system. I've submitted the trouble report as the little note on the screen tells me that it wants to do. I downloaded 1.28 and installed that over the top of 1.30 i think i had been using but that didn't help. I also downloaded the latest version but upon reading the installation notes it appears that it won't work on my system which is XPpro sp3. It looks like i either have to buy a new computer with a higher grade operating system or change my logging program.

Anyway, any idea of what might be going on with the current situation. One other thing. When i started LOG$OM today and that error msg popped up i just ignored it and everything came up. however when making an FT8 QSo, Log4OM would not accept the qso data that was sent to it and when i added the QSO's manually, LOG4OM was really slow and i do mean slow reacting to the QSO add.

Maybe i should go work on the tower!
Larry
W0OGH
K7PT
Old Man

Re: Log4OM needs to close msg when starting up

Post by K7PT »

Download and install the most recent release (1.32) from the download website.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hello Chuck,

he can only use a V 1.31.10 ... His PC is running on XP Pro SP3 and V 1.31.100 is the latest
which can work with Windows XP.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
IK6AWY
Novice Class

Post by IK6AWY »

Dear Log4OM user, you read my topic with title:

Log4OM v1.31.1.0 + WindowsXP SP3 problem on start

and testing if you return to the old date of PC.

The date when Log4OM working good.

Please testing it.