Print preview

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4DWV
Old Man

Print preview

Post by G4DWV »

Hi,

I have put a "fake" QSO into Log4OM so I can use it for printing out test labels and have come across a couple of things that need clarification.

First, once I have printed a label for the QSO I cannot print a second one as the message dialogue that appears says that the QSO is not selected or is marked printed. I have attached a screen shot of this. AFAICT, having printed a label less than a minute ago, the QSO is selected, so how can I clear any "printed" flags? I have not been able to find any.

Second, I had to do the above as pressing the "test" button in the label design tab only worked once. Ideally, I would like to use this feature to check my label appearance rather than the above.

What is the best way to check what a label would look like once I have changed some settings in the label management > print tab? For example, in the attached example of a QSO to my Israeli call, I have actually checked the print comments box after having written some text in the comments box. I have ordered some 4 row, 2 column labels (99 x 67 mm). So did the comments not print because I have made the fonts too big?

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
Attachments
Log4OMlabelPrint_1.png
Log4OMlabelPrint_1.png (37.02 KiB) Viewed 5458 times
2018-03-21_07h33_03.png
2018-03-21_07h33_03.png (50.66 KiB) Viewed 5458 times
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Print preview

Post by G4POP »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 07:49 First, once I have printed a label for the QSO I cannot print a second one as the message dialogue that appears says that the QSO is not selected or is marked printed. I have attached a screen shot of this. AFAICT, having printed a label less than a minute ago, the QSO is selected, so how can I clear any "printed" flags? I have not been able to find any.

Either click the red waste bin before closing the window which avoids marking the QSl as sent. Alternatively blank the QSL Sent Via and date sent fields and change the QSL sent status to N using the QSO archive manager

Second, I had to do the above as pressing the "test" button in the label design tab only worked once. Ideally, I would like to use this feature to check my label appearance rather than the above.

You must close the test PDF display window before using the test button again - I just checked and this is how it works

What is the best way to check what a label would look like once I have changed some settings in the label management > print tab? For example, in the attached example of a QSO to my Israeli call,

Use Test in the print layout

I have actually checked the print comments box after having written some text in the comments box. I have ordered some 4 row, 2 column labels (99 x 67 mm). So did the comments not print because I have made the fonts too big?

Either your template is wrong or the font is to large but from your screen shots I think it is the former.
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,

Many thanks for your most helpful and comprehensive answer.

I'll have a further play around today, so no doubt I will have some more questions later.

Mni 73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Terry,

How can I make "my" template the default? Progress is being made.

It looks like the "test" function is not a test for font sizes etc, rather a test to check on the label layout. When I print a test label, it looks quite different to the labels produced by the test page.

73 de guy G4DWV 4X1LT
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 16:15 How can I make "my" template the default? Progress is being made.
Change the name to 'A1 my template' the list is in alphabetical order ascending or delete all of the other templates?
It looks like the "test" function is not a test for font sizes etc, rather a test to check on the label layout. When I print a test label, it looks quite different to the labels produced by the test page.
Correct
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,

Many thanks again.

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,

Almost ready for my first print run.

Just a few things first though. I have "print bureau" selected in the print tab of label management. All that comes out on the labels is "PSE QSL (*)". I am assuming that "print bureau" will add "bureau" to the PSE QSL line.

When getting fields filled in by using QRZ.com or similar, how does one configure which one is used when pressing the red circle in the QSO Analysis tab? Clicking the buttons under the callsign for QRZ.com etc, just opens that site in my browser.

Is it really worth paying for QRZ.com to fill in the details or is using HamQTH just as good? They both seem to have similar numbers of callsigns on board.

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 01:30 I have "print bureau" selected in the print tab of label management. All that comes out on the labels is "PSE QSL (*)". I am assuming that "print bureau" will add "bureau" to the PSE QSL line.
No! Print Bureau means that it will print labels that are to be sent to the bureau - If you uncheck all other methods it will just print labels to QSL's to go via a bureau.

When getting fields filled in by using QRZ.com or similar, how does one configure which one is used when pressing the red circle in the QSO Analysis tab? Clicking the buttons under the callsign for QRZ.com etc, just opens that site in my browser.
By editing the data in this window

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (106.47 KiB) Viewed 5383 times

Is it really worth paying for QRZ.com to fill in the details or is using HamQTH just as good? They both seem to have similar numbers of callsigns on board.
Sometimes QRZ has more information and at others HamQTH has more - Its your chouce but of course you also get other advantages by subscribing to QRZ like API upload of QSO's automatically to the QRZ logbook
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

G4POP wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 15:10
By editing the data in this window
How does one edit the data? The manual says to click on QRZ.COM or HAMQTH to update the operator and QSL manager information <snip>. All that happens here when I click on any of those buttons is that the site opens up in my default browser. From what you have said and going by the manual, this should not happen.

73 es mni tnx agn de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

What buttons are you clicking, screenshot with arrows identifying them please

Did you watch the YouTube tutorial? https://youtu.be/2VL1k0pOJUA
73 Terry G4POP