Print preview

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4DWV
Old Man

Re: Print preview

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,

I have indeed watched that video. I have downloaded all your excellent videos and consult them regularly.

Attached is the screenshot as requested showing the buttons I have been clicking. Each one of them opens the site in my browser, on that amateur's page.

In your video, you click the red button* and mentioned that it will get the info from QRZ.com. I have been trying to configure the service that this red button uses.

*Clicking the red button does nothing here and i cannot get any details filled in from any online resource.

Cheers

Guy
Attachments
2018-03-25_17h57_48.png
2018-03-25_17h57_48.png (53.06 KiB) Viewed 4696 times
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The three buttons that you are clicking are working correctly, they are supposed to open a browser at the selected sites, to fill the data you must click the red button as in the video and user guide.

If you get no data filled when clicking the red button I suspect that you have QRZ selected for lookups in the log4om options but don't have a paid subscription.

Why not sign up for HamQtH and try that?

Don't forget that not every station has it's details published
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,

I am signed up for HamQTH and the login details are filled in in the external logs section of the settings. My QRZ.com settings section is empty.

I cannot see any other place to put the HamQTH settings so how can I get this facility to work?

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Does the normalcall sign lookup work when you enter a call in the main qso input window?

Have you got the correct lookup selected in the Options/settings 1 menu
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,

That second point of yours nailed it. I had that misconfigured. I had the external source set to "none". As everything until now was working FB, I did not suspect it.

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

So your call sign lookup has never worked not even from the main QSO window! That should have been your clue.
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,

The callsign lookup in the main menu has *always* worked. The majority of my QSOs have addresses etc. added automatically in real-time.

Cheers

Guy
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 00:10 Hi Terry,

The callsign lookup in the main menu has *always* worked. The majority of my QSOs have addresses etc. added automatically in real-time.

Cheers

Guy
If the settings for lookup was set to None then lookup will not happen anywhere in Log4Om other than finding information from old QSO's that exist in the logbook.

Perhaps the data was in the old QSO's from another logging program that you imported from but it did not come from a Log4OM on line lookup if that switch has always been set to None!
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,

I assume that a fellow amateur's name comes from the lookup. Is that correct? If so, I can assure you that the names were not entered by myself as I am basically an exclusive JT modes operator, and as I am sure you are aware, names are not passed as a part of QSO.

Also, if I enter my 4X1LT call, the details appear. There is no other entry with that call as I delete it from the log after testing.

Try a few tests with my 4X call. Also, would it be better for testing purposes if I could send you my config in some way?

Cheers

Guy
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 09:24 I assume that a fellow amateur's name comes from the lookup. Is that correct? If so, I can assure you that the names were not entered by myself as I am basically an exclusive JT modes operator, and as I am sure you are aware, names are not passed as a part of QSO.

Did you consider that WSJT/JTAlert could be doing a lookup and forwarding the data to Log4OM?

Also, if I enter my 4X1LT call, the details appear. There is no other entry with that call as I delete it from the log after testing. Try a few tests with my 4X call.

No answer for that because with lookup set to none and your call entered into my QSO input field it does not provide any data just empty fields as shown below:

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (20.24 KiB) Viewed 4672 times

Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (52.83 KiB) Viewed 4672 times

Try a search of your log in the QSO manager and I expect you will find your call sign somewhere in the log

Anyway you have now corrected your setup mistake so I will consider this user support request completed
73 Terry G4POP