Time Difference

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
M3ngc
Novice Class

Time Difference

Post by M3ngc »

Help appreciated.

Been working wpx contest over the weekend.

On Saturday all logged times correct with the system clock but on Sunday because of the clocks going forward an hour I had to manually change each logged "on time" by one hour.

System clock updated ok as did my time sync program,

In the QSO window both clocks show 1 hour slower than the real time although by using the advance box I can get the end time to log correctly by adding 1 hour but not the start time.

Any help to correct this would be appreciated.

M0MGP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Time Difference

Post by G4POP »

M3ngc wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 22:50
In the QSO window both clocks show 1 hour slower than the real time although by using the advance box I can get the end time to log correctly by adding 1 hour but not the start time.
All logging is ALWAYS done using GMT/UTC/Zulu so of course the time logged and displayed in Log4OM will be 1 hour behind local time during the summer in the UK because British summer time is 1 hour later than GMT/UTC/Zulu time

On the continent of Europe they are two hours ahead of GMT/UTC/Zulu time at this time of year

The ADIF format of logging in GMT/UTC/Zulu is to ensure that the guy you work in New Zealand logs the same time as you do for the QSO, not the time you logged plus 10 hours or in the case of the USA less 6 hours, just imagine how confused the QSL system would be if you all logged LOCAL time?

GMT/UTC/Zulu has been in maritime and aeronautical terms since the old king died!
73 Terry G4POP