Cluster questions

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster questions

Post by NN7D »

kd0zv wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 13:02
So regarding the cluster info. I have been using bandmaster because out of everything I have tried it does the best job for me because I can use the spotted by neighbors function which is definable in miles. Its not 100% perfect, but works pretty good. Spotted in NA just does not work that well as being in the Midwest I rarely hear what California or Florida is spotting.

Rich
kd0zv
Hi Rich,

For better control of spotter location, I would recommend you try VE7CC's CC User software. It can feed Log4OM with very granular filtering, such as spotters from your state and specific neighboring states. You can also include skimmer spots which will display in Log4OM. For specifics on setup please refer to page 174 of the Log4OM users manual.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Doug,

Until last year I used VE7CC exclusively but did not have much luck. I must have been missing something. I will look at it again.

I am back to bandmaster for now. That seems the best for me but the needed country functionality sucks.

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

"low resolution" lines coming from HRDLOG are a over impression on the map based by a picture generated by HRDLOG itself.
Those lines shows CURRENT QSO LOGGED in the world, registered by HRDLOG.

The image is useful to show the current propagation based on real QSO made by operators all around the world.
If you select a single band, the mix of colors will be reduced and you will see only contacts made in the selected band

@Chuck: Deaf man is listening :D
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Laughing at the deaf comment. haha.

Well I have not really been able to make it work as well as bandmaster which is disappointing so even though bandmaster wont sync with my LOTW data I am back to using it.

I do not want to select a single bad. That is the tail wagging the dog for me. I want to see all needed DX and then switch bands to try and work it.

I assume this is an HRD thing but half the dots don't have lines going go them, half are blurry and only a few are ones you can dynamically click.

If Alex would make bandmaster link with log databases and make his fonts and colors more adjustable with dynamic info on the map he will have a winner as well. I would prefer that Log4OM did everything and I do not want to run another app. Hoping you can improve this in the future so I don't have to.

One thing that Bandmaster does better than all other cluster programs I have tried is being to select spotted by neighbors and set neighbors in distance miles/km. Trying to use cluster commands to pick states, etc is too confusing.
2018-04-13_7-13-41.jpg
2018-04-13_7-13-41.jpg (212.9 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team