Cluster questions

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Cluster questions

Post by KD0ZV »

First of all, is there a way on this forum to find my posts? I think I have asked about part of this once but cant find it. I hate to burden the forum on repeat and possibly stupid questions.

So regarding the cluster info. I have been using bandmaster because out of everything I have tried it does the best job for me because I can use the spotted by neighbors function which is definable in miles. Its not 100% perfect, but works pretty good. Spotted in NA just does not work that well as being in the Midwest I rarely hear what California or Florida is spotting.

I think some of this can be fixed by using cluster filters but is messy and not as accurate as miles.

So besides that I have cluster info on the right all the time. That does not appear to be filterable by spotter? I would prefer to see the same filter spotters I see in the Cluster (F9) window. I don't see a way to even show who the spotter was on the right window?

Does the great circle lines only show on HRDlog.net? I assume HRDlog.net server is still down as I see "service unavailable. I find it hard to see the little square on the map with my resolution and the great circle lines would help. I would like to dump Bandmaster as it has its own share of issues and use only Log4OM but haven't quite made it work yet.

What is custom under the Spotter continent drop down? Is this in the manual and I missed it?

73 and Happy Easter everyone.

Rich
kd0zv
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster questions

Post by KD0ZV »

Also, does this stuff mean anything? Do not see where the colors apply to anything on the map or spot list.
2018-03-31_12-28-15.jpg
2018-03-31_12-28-15.jpg (253.62 KiB) Viewed 5279 times
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Those colored balls on all the cluster and maps mean absolutely nothing. Ignore them. I've been trying to get them removed but it falls on deaf ears.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Quick links - Your posts will show all of your posts
73 Terry G4POP
rrmccabe

Post by rrmccabe »

Thanks guys.

Log4OM is so close to meeting my needs for spotting but not quite. I might go back to bandmaster for now but wish it could talk to Log4OM to see needed countries.

Rich
rrmccabe

Post by rrmccabe »

Terry, quick links shows 3 posts is all. I am sure I have whined more than that :)

Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

HRDLog.net just came online and it appears those colored circles do work.

However, the resolution and detail is so poor that there is no value in the great circle lines pointing out spots.

Is there any adjustment on this?

For comparison.

Log4OM
hrd2.jpg
hrd2.jpg (246.1 KiB) Viewed 5264 times
Bandmaster (spotters max 800 mile range)

bandmaste2r.jpg
bandmaste2r.jpg (227.97 KiB) Viewed 5264 times
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

rrmccabe wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 23:50 Terry, quick links shows 3 posts is all. I am sure I have whined more than that :)

Rich
To the right of your post you will see 'Posts' and a number - click on the number
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

rrmccabe wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 23:50 Terry, quick links shows 3 posts is all. I am sure I have whined more than that :)

Rich
Is KD0ZV the same user as rrmccabe? the name Rich is the same?

If so please stick to one user name, preferably your call sign
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Ahhh,

Yes same person. I dumped brrowse history and must have posted with another account. I would have assumed it was from years ago before I started really posting but looks like its from Nov 2017. Not sure how that happened.

That explains a lot :)
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team