JTalert: QSO to Log4OM (mySQL)

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: JTalert: QSO to Log4OM (mySQL)

Post by DF5WW »

Have you set the communicator to Autostart on your /A Equipement ?

Comm.png
Comm.png (48.14 KiB) Viewed 5343 times

If not you can try to start WCF manually via the button in the main window:

comm2.png
comm2.png (13.89 KiB) Viewed 5343 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

PA0AER wrote: 01 Apr 2018, 17:00 I see another issue, WCF Services satus = stopped. I see also no wcf status with the name log4om in services from Windows. Can I add that services in Windows?

You dont add it to Windows just check the auto start box in the Log4OM/Options/services window and start the service there also - DONT FORGET TO SAVE THIS AS CLOSING THE WINDOW DOES NOT SAVE THE CONFIGURATION
Jürgen says that the ADIF file polling is not needed, but when I uncheck that, log4om doesn't log anymore.
Jürgen is correct if you set up JTAlert correctly then JTAlert saves the qso directly to the Log4OM database YOU DONT REQUIRE ADIF POLING!

ENSURE THAT THE UDP PORT SELECTEED IN JTALERT IS 2236 AND THAT THE lOG4OM COMMUNICATOR INBOUND UDP IS CHECKED AND SET TO 2236 ALSO - THEY MUST MATCH

Its maybe an idea for you to read the JTAlert setup guide which contains all of the information you require!

IMPORTANT - THE COMMUNICATOR WINDOW MUST NOT BE CLOSED, JUST MINIMISED TO THE TASK BAR WHEN LOG4OM IS ACTIVE
73 Terry G4POP
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

Juergen Yes, Autostart is on, communicator is running, but wcf status is red
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

Terry:

ENSURE THAT THE UDP PORT SELECTEED IN JTALERT IS 2236 AND THAT THE lOG4OM COMMUNICATOR INBOUND UDP IS CHECKED AND SET TO 2236 ALSO - THEY MUST MATCH

It is both 2236

Its maybe an idea for you to read the JTAlert setup guide which contains all of the information you require!

I did over and over, it is really not necessary to give this hint. I have on my home QTH a complte setup running without enay problem.

IMPORTANT - THE COMMUNICATOR WINDOW MUST NOT BE CLOSED, JUST MINIMISED TO THE TASK BAR WHEN LOG4OM IS ACTIVE

The communicator is not closed.

73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

I don´t know why the WCF services are not running but if you take a look to my last post
there is a second picture. In the red marked Box you see a little "Down" arrow. There you
can open a small pulldown menu where you can start WCF manually.

On my end i only have a stopped WCF Service if i have open a second instance of Log4OM.
If i start the Log4OM for DL0AK first i have WCF on there but if i start the DF5WW Log as
a second instance in this one i don´t have WCF on.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

Dank Juergen,

I know about the manual start. But I have tried it again (via my teamviewer connection to the /A QTH) but the WCF status is stil red and not running. I think the only way is to delete the setup and install everything again, new mysql database, log4om and wsjtx etc. But i'm not back there before april 20. I let you now! Thanks for all your supply.
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

Hello,
I have the same problem now on my home QTH. Everything looks ok but no logging. I have made a file with all the settings, you can see it here: https://pa0aer.com/log4om

I'm very hopefull that you send me a message "aha THAT is a wrong setting"

TNX in advance
Ger
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Ger (is it a shorcut for Gerrit ?).

I don´t know it has do do something with it or not but in WSJT-X normally the
UDP Port is set to 2237 and not 2233 .... Can you test what happens if you change
this Port to the original 2237 ?

By the way, i don´t use MySQL. Hope we have some guys here which using MySQL
together with Log4OM/WSJT-X/JTAlert ...

;) ;)
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

Sorry, thats not the issue.

Hi Ger (is it a shorcut for Gerrit ?) > Yes it is, but not in my case, my name is Geert Jan, the shortcut is Ger.

DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

O.k. Geert,

thanks for info. Now i have to pass. I don´t know how to work with MySQL databases from different
locations. Maybe there´s something wrong. Think you need help from a MySQL user with Log4OM.

:( :(