[SOLVED] Log4OM using SQL db

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
VE4PER
Novice Class

[SOLVED] Log4OM using SQL db

Post by VE4PER »

I was able to create a blank sql db "Log4OM" using phpmyadmin. The latest version of WAMP was used and the Log4OM was able to add the three tables to it. However when creating log entries as if one was operating normally it generates a database unavailable error message.
I am not sure why; my own db loggedin user ID and password for the mysql log4om (database which was specified as administrator for the db with all priveleges including GRANT). I am using my normal OS userID logged in but a different pw than the win7 OS login PW for the db.
I am wondering if the user that runs when logging is still mine or is it using a machine related one for the program access whether the program inherits mine; and if so which one? the win7 Pro OS UID & PW or the log4om db sql uid & pw?

Anybody know?
Thanks

need to add root password to WAMP Mysql server first, then add Log4OM db admin username and PW then go to Database setup in Log4OM settings menus and add that info; then create the database using yellowed area, then test connection then activate db. entering QSO's will automatically add entries to local SQL log db. Using phpmyadmin link that is installed with the WAMP server package you can now view the log entries in the local mysql database to confirm it is all OK. copying the sql db to another sql server machine on a local home network, instead of logging in using localhost in the set up info or phpmyadmin login page, use the hostname or ip address of the machine it resides on. the port address 3306 will identify where to connect. FYI thanks for few comments provided though.
Last edited by VE4PER on 05 Apr 2018, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM using SQL db

Post by G4POP »

What reason did you have for not using the standard Sqlite database or the standard MySql database that Log4om recommends and supports?
73 Terry G4POP
VE4PER
Novice Class

Post by VE4PER »

I already have mysql running on a home network server and just needed to have Log4OM naturally create the initial database. Then I was planning to add a couple of test entries to prove it was acceptable and transfer it to the remote server SQL share and link Log4OM to that.

Getting the facts straight about users/permissions etc at the outset is a help as the home network server is a linux one which of course is fussy about those kinds of things.

It keeps all my db's in one system so that I can use something like LibreOffice base report generation to operate on the tables without having to learn a new db system every time.
VE4PER
Novice Class

Post by VE4PER »

An added benefit is that simple corrections or searches can be performed using the phpMyadmin utility that is easily installed with the WAMP server package. ( Apache2, php, mysql). Basically it is what one is used to using, and when so much other stuff is readily accessible using this already, it was easier for me to addapt Log4OM to it rather than learn a whole new dB ref manual and syntax.
cheers 73