Log4OM use with MARS activities

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
VE4PER
Novice Class

Log4OM use with MARS activities

Post by VE4PER »

Can a separate profile be created that does not connect to any external databases like HamQTH etc and or LOTW except only a local SQL or SQLite local db for use with MARS activities?

I can modify callsigns and connect only to local db for logging but need to be able to operate on out of normal ham band frequencies to do so. Is there a way to modify the band list to be able to choose say alpha numeric channel names with their own cross ref to actual freqs that are out of band? and be able to do so keeping that info only on the local machine or network?
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Log4OM use with MARS activities

Post by IW3HMH »

I suggest you to configure a PORTABLE version, in order to be able to work with all changes you need.
Bandplan is shared between profiles, so this is one of the reasons to not use the main installed version.

Inside the /config folder of your PORTABLE installation (just unpack it) you can see some "bandplan" xml files, identified by region OR single DXCC country.
Open the file of your interest and open the bandplan as needed, keeping the same format.

using bands file you can add new bands, and subsequently you can add new bands in the bandplan xml file to manage them

You're almost free on each option, including rebuilding the Whole data structure that is at the base of the software, by editing the files into /config folder.

Please remember that, in that case, you may have strange effects if some files are updated and other files are not updated accordingly. We don't provide support or warranties on that kind of activities (i can provide you some small support if needed but nothing "structural") but a lurk on all configuration files is highly recommended.

Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH