Omni Rig

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
N7RD
Novice Class

Omni Rig

Post by N7RD »

Yes, couple of questions. I talked to author of omni rig said it has to do with my logging program? What ever, it works fine except I can not get VFO B to show up at all and every time I click on a CW spot I get CW-R, which is not a big problem but seems I should be able to change it to get CW. I work lots of DX, (or lets say I use to before the bands went dead, hi) and run split most of the time. Sure would be nice to be able to get the 2nd VFO to show up. I have watched all the vids I can fine and have spent hours reading on the forum, I might have missed the answer some where but it seems to hide it's answer from me. Thank you in advance, this is a wonderful program and works flawless for me in every aspect except omni rig.

Regards,
Ron N7RD
Best Regards,
Ron D. Smith N7RD
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Omni Rig

Post by G4POP »

Not every radio supports the command structure to send VFO B information to Omnirig and you dont say what radio you use so without that information its hard to assist you!
73 Terry G4POP
N7RD
Novice Class

Post by N7RD »

Sorry Terry, I am using a Icom IC-7600 which like I said works fine except for those 2 issues.
I can do with out those to until I find another cat program that will work, thanks.

Regards,
Ron N7RD
Best Regards,
Ron D. Smith N7RD
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I also use an IC7600 and it works perfectly!

You must however use the Omnirig IC-7600v2 rig ini for both VFO's to display in Log4OM and Omnirig must be the latest version 1.16 installed to 'Run as an administrator.

The CW - R thing is easily changed in the rig ini and has been documented many times on this forum

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (62.62 KiB) Viewed 6620 times
73 Terry G4POP
N7RD
Novice Class

Post by N7RD »

Tnx Terry, I will keep searching in the forum.

Regards,
Ron N7RD
Best Regards,
Ron D. Smith N7RD
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

N7RD wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 00:17 Tnx Terry, I will keep searching in the forum.

Regards,
Ron N7RD
From your reply do I assume that my response was helpful and that you now have both VFO's displaying in Log4OM?
73 Terry G4POP
N7RD
Novice Class

Post by N7RD »

No it still won't work, no problem.

Thanks,
Ron
Best Regards,
Ron D. Smith N7RD
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

N7RD wrote: 12 Apr 2018, 01:48 No it still won't work, no problem.

Thanks,
Ron
Ensure that both Omnirig and Log4OM are installed to 'Run as an administrator' see our quick start guide for instructions about how to do that.

Also ensure that your 7600 has the latest firmware upgrade

Any one of the above could cause your issue
73 Terry G4POP
N7RD
Novice Class

Post by N7RD »

Okay Terry, I am running IC7600 ver 2.0 and just downloaded the newest omni-rig software. Here is what is happening. The Ini file is there for Ic-7600ver2 but in the program when I clink on the headphones all that is there is IC-7600 no ver 2. This is why I can not get VFO B to work I suppose. I am running the program as administrator. As far as omni rig I read the quick start and have tried lots of things but can't figure how to run omni rig as administrator. When I right click like I did for log4om there is no option to run as administrator. I suppose that is why I am not getting CW, just CW-r and only VFO a. I have tried everything and it just looks to me that I am stuck with this set up. I do appreciate you help and I know we all bother you too much, I just don't understand why the IC-7600 ver 2 won't show up when it is in the ini file. Again thanks and I do love the program very much and it runs flawless for me except for omni rig.

Regards,
Ron N7RD
Best Regards,
Ron D. Smith N7RD
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

N7RD wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 02:21 As far as omni rig I read the quick start and have tried lots of things but can't figure how to run omni rig as administrator. When I right click like I did for log4om there is no option to run as administrator.
Sound like your right clicking on the zipped (Compressed0 file not the extracted .exe file of Omnirig

I suppose that is why I am not getting CW, just CW-r and only VFO a.
As far as I recall the CW-R issue is fixed in IC7600v2 but if its not its a simple matter of reversing two settings in the rig ini file buts lets get it working with your radio properly first.

1. If you check the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Afreet\OmniRig\Rigs do you see the files listed below in my screen shot?

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (44.88 KiB) Viewed 6535 times

If not then download the rig file from the Omnirig download site and extract the zipped file into the folder above

2. Make sure that you installed the Omnirig software from a fresh download directly from the Omnirig website to ensure that you have version 1.6, to check you have the correct version go to 'About' in the Omnirig window
73 Terry G4POP