Restoring configuration

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4IUA
Advanced Class

Restoring configuration

Post by G4IUA »

I have a new installation of Windows 10 on my PC. Whilst I have all the data files backed up on a separate drive I'm not sure where to look for the file I need to reconfigure Log4OM back to its original state. Note that I did a 'reset' on Windows 10 rather than a full clean installation and many (but not all) the original files remain.

Looking back at similar queries, there does not exist a c:\..\roaming\Log4OM. The .adi, backup.zip and QSLite files are all on the backup drive, but I don't know how to point Log4OM at these.

Obviously I don't want to have to go through the full configuration process again. Can the setup up be easily restored?

Jeff - G4IUA
K7PT
Old Man

Re: Restoring configuration

Post by K7PT »

Your "separate drive" will have a letter assigned by windows, i.e. D, E, F etc.

I assume the other drive is always connected to your computer.

Just point it to that drive and file location on that drive.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
G4IUA
Advanced Class

Post by G4IUA »

Thanks Chuck. I have all the data on my D: drive. Where do I direct Log4OM to the files though? I can see where the backup folder, secondary backup folder, etc. are set but not where I should tell it where to look for both the config file and for the data.
G4IUA
Advanced Class

Post by G4IUA »

Now loading the database file correctly (from my D: drive) but when I reinstalled Log4OM I wonder if this overwrote the original config file?
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

If you did a reinstall, the default address path would have been there.

Happy you got it working now.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"