Log4OM and Omnirig

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4DWV
Old Man

Log4OM and Omnirig

Post by G4DWV »

Hi,

More often that I would like I load JTDX, JTALert and Log4OM in that order and find that the CAT light on the Log4OM status bar stays red.

Omnirig has been loaded by Log4OM.

To help me troubleshoot, where does Log4OM gets its information to say that CAT has failed? Frustratingly everything seems present and correct.

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM and Omnirig

Post by DF5WW »

Hello Guy,

have working Log4OM (CAT via Omnirig), JTDX and JTalert since month working and all is fine.
All of the Software (except JTalert) is installed and running as Administrator. In JTDX (also in
WSJT-X) CAT is set to Omnirig. I start Log4OM first and after the program start i start JTDX or
WSJT-X and last, but not least, JTalert.

B.t.w. JTalert has nothing to do with CAT. It receives the data from JTDX/WSJT-X and log it
to Log4OM including QRG and Report.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Jüergen,

Have you tried Gridtracker as an alternative to JTAlert?

https://tagloomis.com/
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Juergen,

I have had enough battling this OS. I am going to install Win 7 again. I am currently running Win 8.1 and may install that one too. Win 8.1 is still supported so that is what I will use.

I always like to have another version of Windows handy in case the main one starts causing problems.

Cheers

Guy
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

G4POP wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 09:05 Jüergen,

Have you tried Gridtracker as an alternative to JTAlert?

https://tagloomis.com/
Hi Terry,

not tested and not installed yet. In our chapter we have to plan and to work
for our 4 Day Fieldday in May. Will check this later ...

And, with a twinkle eye, if you use the german letter Ü or ü you dont need
the "e" after this one. So in german my Name is Jürgen or in english style Juergen ..

;) 8-)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
HB9BRJ
Old Man

Post by HB9BRJ »

G4POP wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 09:05Have you tried Gridtracker as an alternative to JTAlert? https://tagloomis.com/
Terry,
Thanks for having mentioned Gridtracker. After so many unsuccessful trials with JTalert (yes, I've read all forum posts, watched all videos many times etc.) I launched Gridtracker and 5 minutes later had my first WSJT-X QSO in my Log4OM database. I'm truly impressed!

73, Markus
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Markus,

for me JTalert works perfect since years. Meanwhile updated from XP and over 7 to 10 Pro.

;) ;)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

HB9BRJ wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 19:03
G4POP wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 09:05Have you tried Gridtracker as an alternative to JTAlert? https://tagloomis.com/
Terry,
Thanks for having mentioned Gridtracker. After so many unsuccessful trials with JTalert (yes, I've read all forum posts, watched all videos many times etc.) I launched Gridtracker and 5 minutes later had my first WSJT-X QSO in my Log4OM database. I'm truly impressed!

73, Markus
Hi Marcus,
We are working with Stephen the author of GridTracker and as a result you will see some new features in GridTracker for the next release, including a worked before warning based on the imported Log4om adif file.

Also added call lookup from QRZ, QRZCQ and HAMQTH, Stephen is putting a lot of effort into his software.
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Just installed GridTracker.

Looks good so far. All forgiven for hijacking my thread, hi.

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
HB9BRJ
Old Man

Re: Log4OM and GridTracker

Post by HB9BRJ »

G4POP wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 20:21Hi Marcus,
We are working with Stephen the author of GridTracker and as a result you will see some new features in GridTracker for the next release, including a worked before warning based on the imported Log4om adif file.
Hi Terry,
Thanks for good news! So far I am having only minor issues with GridTracker:
RST sent/rcvd are consistently written into RST rcvd/sent on the Log4OM side.
Some countries are not identified and left blank, e.g. 2I0GFR (Northern Ireland).

73, Markus HB9BRJ