QSL search

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4DWV
Old Man

QSL search

Post by G4DWV »

Hi,

I would like to be able to do the following. I would like to find those QSOs for which I have received a QSL card via the bureau, but have not sent one yet. I would then like to print labels for that list.

Thanks in advance.

Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSL search

Post by G4POP »

Search parameters

Qsl rcvd status (equal to or starts with) Y
Qsl rcvd via (equal to or starts with) B
Qsl sent status (equal to or starts with) N

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (55.32 KiB) Viewed 2984 times
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Thanks very much Terry.

Attached is the search parameters window that I constructed. There are several places that use search parameters and I had to be in the QSL management window for the search to work. I had expected the search to work everywhere.

How do I cancel the search without deleting the contents of the search box (the only way I have found to remove the search parameters*)? Once I have got a filter to work, I cannot find any way to cancel it in the manual.

*Closing and reloading works too. I would expect the "search parameter" button to act like a toggle.

Cheers

Guy
Attachments
2018-05-08_23h32_26.png
2018-05-08_23h32_26.png (32.88 KiB) Viewed 2979 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

How do I cancel the search without deleting the contents of the search box (the only way I have found to remove the search parameters*)? Once I have got a filter to work, I cannot find any way to cancel it in the manual.

*Closing and reloading works too. I would expect the "search parameter" button to act like a toggle.

Our YouTube tutorial covers the subject here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLXQwM-2uQ0 starting at 10 mins 55 seconds into the video and page 56 of the user guide also covers the subject.

Use the saved searches area at the bottom of the window to save for future use

Select the parameters to delete and use the bucket or - (Minus sign) to delete

Closing the QSL print manager window also deletes the search
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 08 May 2018, 22:47 Attached is the search parameters window that I constructed. There are several places that use search parameters and I had to be in the QSL management window for the search to work. I had expected the search to work everywhere.

I have just checked every @Search Parameter' window in Log4OM and the facility works in every window, my example was from the label print window as you asked about sending QSL cards!

Note that using equal to may not always work if the string contains more than a N, B or Y like N-No that's why I suggestes 'Like' because that is the same as 'Starts with' and just searches on the first letter in the field
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,

Many thanks for your informative posts and for poin ting me to the relevant part of the video.

All very helpful as usual.

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT