LOTW confirmations

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

LOTW confirmations

Post by KD0ZV »

So I should have created this topic before attempting to fix things. But I have had an issue recently where WSJT-X/JTalert has not logged properly and give me an error that it didn't and said it was logged to the WSJT-X log. I did not think Log4OM by design would allow duplicates but it did. So I got the bright idea I would delete the Log4om QSOs and just import my LOTW database back into it.

That seemed to work, but for some reason I am not showing ALL my LOTW confirmations. When I use the Google Earth function only about 1/2 my grids show LOTW confirmed (yellow) compared to before I tried this stupid move.

Same with JTalert. I have scanned the log and updated and it is flagging states and countries as needed.

How do I sync my LOTW confirmations?
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LOTW confirmations

Post by G4POP »

Where are your Log4om backups?

If you have backups then use them in preference to anything else because they will be more accurate
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Good question. Is that a manual process?
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

I think I have it under control.

I am not manually backing up as I sync with LOTW often and QRZ automatically. I figured that is a good backup except I probably lose some extended info in the Log4OM database.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No you loose most of the ADIF data you should use the backup system we provide in Log4OM options.

Please check if any backups were made by Log4OM
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

At the bottom left of Log4OM is that my backup path? That file kd0zv_log_db.SQLite is on one drive. So I have continuous archives.

How do I restore that? Just replace the file?
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I think you meant bottom right and that's your main logbook which you said you populated with data from LOTW, that's the QSO's you see in the recent QSO's F8 window

Look at this folder and see if there are any files in it C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\LogOM\Backup

also see if it has a sub folder named 'Historic' and if it has that might have a late backup adif file
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

I do not have a historic folder, but have 7 backups which are of no value as they are all to current.

That said, I have it working somehow with no issues.

So I assume I can change the C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\LogOM\Backup path to something I backup?
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

kd0zv wrote: 24 Jun 2018, 19:39So I assume I can change the C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\LogOM\Backup path to something I backup?
Yes in the options select a location for a primary and secondary backup and set the number of backups to about 12, that way you should never get in this predicament again because Log4OM will then perform two backups every time you close the program.
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Next release will feature historic backups. That means the LAST backup of each month will be kept indefinitely and NOT overwritten from normal backups (that have a rotation of 6, by default). This will be, as all backups are, ANOTHER EXPORT of the database to avoid copying corrupted files, for any reason)

Enabling the secondary backup, in another folder, better another disk, better on cloud synced folders (like Google drive, dropbox or similar) will allow log4om to store a backup on each closure and keep them UNDEFINITELY (until you delete your old one or you end the space on the disk, so probably forever)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH