Logging mobile QSOs

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
AE0S
Novice Class

Logging mobile QSOs

Post by AE0S »

I just returned from a road trip where I made several QSOs from different locations. I know Log4OM supports multiple configurations for different locations but that isn't suited for mobile operations. I'd like to have the My Grid Square field changed and an indicator that this QSO was done while mobile. The only way to change the grid square I know of is via the QSO Manager Archive Field update feature which is kind of a pain. I didn't see a good mobile indicator either asides putting something in the comment or note field.

During the QSOs I didn't identify via /M instead just mentioned that I was mobile.

What are the options to log the mobile QSOs and which way do you log them?

Thanks,
Claus (K0TET)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Logging mobile QSOs

Post by G4POP »

When logging /M, /P, /A, /MM or /AM just change the station call sign in the Options/Station info tab before logging the QSO's and then remove the /???? when you revert to your home QTH
73 Terry G4POP
AE0S
Novice Class

Post by AE0S »

I was really hoping for a better solution than that. Changing the Options/Station info tab didn't help much, especially since 4 digit grid locators aren't accepted.

If you enter a 4 digit grid locator you can save/close the options but the grid is not retained. All log entries have an empty My Gridsquare value.

I ended up to use the QSO Manager Archive Field update feature since I had only a couple of entries, but as said Log4OM doesn't seem to be a good fit for Mobile log entries. :(
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Only for the locator issue?
6 digits locator is "required" to provide correct beam angles and correct distances to the counterpart.
We can "relax" this requirement, if necessary
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH