wonky QSO total

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
NT6X
Advanced Class

wonky QSO total

Post by NT6X »

Hi guys,

In the bottom left of my screen it says I have 13277 qso's. I try to pull up my entire log using the QSL Management tool but the oldest qso is from 2010. I know I haven't made 13k qso's since 2010. Is it possible that I accidentally uploaded a log twice and it's counting dupes as qso's?
DF1LX
Novice Class

Re: wonky QSO total

Post by DF1LX »

Yes - my solution was: export to ADIF - import into BBlogger - export again to ADIF and reimport in fresh Log4OM database - now it is clean :)
My Log have had 9k Dupes based on own "Error". After this procedure it was "clean".
Greetings and CW for ever

Peter DF1LX

see u on the band
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Michael,

It is unlikely that Log4OM has pulled in duplicates even it they were present in you old log but I suppose it is a slight possibility!

However lets ask some questions?

1. How many total QSO's do you expect there to be - All QSO's
2. I assume that you refer to the QSO number shown in the image below - Bottom left corner of the main Log4OM screen? this is the total number of QSO's in the logbook.
3. If you are seeing the count somewhere other than in 2 above, where exactly are you seeing the number of QSO's?
4. What search limit do you have set in the "Search Limit Count' field at the bottom right corner of the main screen and also QSO Archive Management screen - Second image below?
5. What logging software did you use before Log4OM?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (12.53 KiB) Viewed 7599 times
Capture 2.JPG
Capture 2.JPG (19.23 KiB) Viewed 7599 times
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DF1LX wrote:Yes - my solution was: export to ADIF - import into BBlogger - export again to ADIF and reimport in fresh Log4OM database - now it is clean :)
My Log have had 9k Dupes based on own "Error". After this procedure it was "clean".

Hi Peter,
You should not have needed to do that, just an ADIF export and re-import should have fixed it because we don't import duplicates!

However I don't think that this is Michaels problem.
73 Terry G4POP
DF1LX
Novice Class

Post by DF1LX »

Hi,

may be, that Log4OM do this delete of dupes - but the challenge in my ADIF is, that the TIME is once e.g. 16:00:00 and the "dupe" is marked as 16:00:03. The same challenge in the Band - once 3500 and the other 3516.0.
That is not seen from Log4OM - therefore I searched for a Log Program, which is able to do such a "check".
BBlogger was the best - and it can add the manager via check of an external manager database file.
From DXlab the Logprogram can reduce dupes too (and based on a timeframe, e.g. 3 minutes). But it handles long ADIF lines as "truncated" - this lines are often be found in N1MM ADIF file (>255 character per line) ...

Therefore I requested some time ago a check on "dupes" - but no reaction - therefore I changed to BBlogger as it have enough capability using my microham too. Sorry about this...
BTW: The import of N1MM Adif files with 36k QSOs takes around 15min. on my duocore 2..5 Ghz Laptop. The same import from the "Export" of log4om was 4 times quicker.

AND: I see e.g. the CALL RD4M which is a "standard" Russian call - log4om marked it with "Abu Ail (deleted)" - funny but true. The QSO was in the year 2000.

Ok, such small issues I found in each Logging Software and it is really not easy to follow the definitions of e.g. Russia Calls and other countries :) Thats life.

Peter DF1LX

Peter DF1LX

see u on the band
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The challenge in my ADIF is, that the TIME is once e.g. 16:00:00 and the "dupe" is marked as 16:00:03. The same challenge in the Band - once 3500 and the other 3516.0.

From DXlab the Logprogram can reduce dupes too (and based on a timeframe, e.g. 3 minutes). But it handles long ADIF lines as "truncated" - this lines are often be found in N1MM ADIF file (>255 character per line) ...
Hi Peter,
This is something that we need to look at again, perhaps in the pursuit of accuracy we have forgotten that not all programs have the same accuracy standards when recording QSO's?

And I apologise for the lack of response we must have missed that one.
The CALL RD4M which is a "standard" Russian call - log4om marked it with "Abu Ail (deleted)"
It would appear that your Country, Clublog and SCL files were not up to date because I have just tried this call and the result is correct - See the screen grab below.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (44.14 KiB) Viewed 7584 times
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi
as there is not a "standard" in ADIF timings, log4om imports times from ADIF as they come in.
Time is one of the Keys of the log file, so 10.00.00 is different from 10.00.01 and will be logged as a separate QSO.

I can add a check function on the log, for QSO that are in the range of x seconds, same call, same band, same day, same mode, but the problem is: what is the correct QSO? what is the one that contains the most updated and relevant informations?
Let's talk about that, and i will work on that feature :)

Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
DF1LX
Novice Class

Post by DF1LX »

Thanks Terry, but it happens during import - and I thought a fresh install have the newest total databases installed - but the Call RD4M was contacted in 2000 -
maybe during an import such infos maybe requested if a dxcc will be set to "deleted country" that the user must confirm this? If I enter RD4M as normal qso - it is marked correctly - but not in IMPORT marked "update" DXCC during update - but this is only a smaller one - not critical and all other programs I tried (YES 6 or more Loggingprograms :) have some small challenges.
Therefore I will continue logging with N1MM and only import into my favorite Loggingprogram afterwards ...

Greetings and ok for me now
Peter

Peter DF1LX

see u on the band
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DF1LX wrote:it happens during import - and I thought a fresh install have the newest total databases installed - but the Call RD4M was contacted in 2000 -
maybe during an import such infos maybe requested if a dxcc will be set to "deleted country" that the user must confirm this? If I enter RD4M as normal qso - it is marked correctly - but not in IMPORT marked "update" DXCC during update
Hi Peter,
This is bugging me! Please email me your ADIF file so that I can see exactly what is happening.

Email address as on QRZ.com
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

RD4 added to Country file
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"