DXCC

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
N5ZY
Novice Class

DXCC

Post by N5ZY »

Hello,

So recently had the cards checked by ARRL card checker and now the DXCC desk has awarded me and in LoTW I see the QSL’s have been moved to “DXCC Credits Awarded” but Log3OM still doesn’t reflect this. I did open QSL management / LOTW and I unchecked the ‘download by date range’. It downloads 4,451 QSLs but none are modified.

I do see in LoTW where I can download a ADI file of all my DXCC granted contacts but when I import this nothing happens.

How do I change the 289 QSL’s that were recently granted for DXCC credit in LoTW toward Mixed, Phone, Digital, 20M, 40M, 80M, 17M, and Challenge into Log4OM?

And for the team who works on Log4OM, thank you! It's an amazing application. I've previously donated my HRD dues to you and it's time to do that again. Every year when they send me a renewal/rejoin reminder (which I ignore) I need to donate to you.
2018-08-21 - Logbook DXCC Award Account.png
2018-08-21 - Logbook DXCC Award Account.png (39.8 KiB) Viewed 6485 times
K7PT
Old Man

Re: DXCC

Post by K7PT »

Leave the Date Range box checked and enter a date way back to the beginning in your log. It should download all your QSLs along with the award data fields.

Did you include that field in the F8 tab "Credit Granted" field for display in the F8 tab?
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
N5ZY
Novice Class

Post by N5ZY »

I had not added the column to the view and now that I do it does seem to pick-up some but the numbers are still off.

As an example, here is one in the DXCC log that did not update in Log4OM:

<CALL:4>TK9R
<QSO_DATE:8>20171029
<APP_LoTW_MODEGROUP:5:S>PHONE
<APP_LoTW_MODE:5:S>PHONE
<BAND:3>20M
<DXCC:3>214
<COUNTRY:7>CORSICA
<APP_LOTW_DELETED_ENTITY:2>No
<CREDIT_GRANTED:24>DXCC,DXCC_MODE,DXCC_BAND
<APP_LoTW_CREDIT_GRANTED:61:S>DXCC-M,DXCC-M-HR,DXCC-PH,DXCC-PH-HR,DXCC-20,DXCC-CHAL,DXCC-5B
<APP_LoTW_DXCC_APPLICATION_NR:5:S>00002
<APP_LoTW_DXCC_PROCESSED_DTG:19:S>2018-08-20 14:01:00
<eor>

In this image you can see that the numbers are off.
2018-08-21 LoTW Download.png
2018-08-21 LoTW Download.png (64.12 KiB) Viewed 6473 times

Here is the download..
The attachment 2018-08-21 LoTW Download.png is no longer available
N5ZY
Novice Class

Post by N5ZY »

Couldn't insert both images?
2018-08-21 DXCC-ShouldBeGranted.png
2018-08-21 DXCC-ShouldBeGranted.png (52.81 KiB) Viewed 6472 times
N5ZY
Novice Class

Post by N5ZY »

Today I downloaded a couple new LoTW QSL's that were confirmed but still nothing for the DXCC confirmed. I can only assume there is an If/Then in Log4OM somewhere that is not giving an expected result.. since it imports from LoTW but doesn't change the database.
I guess I will need to go line-by-line through the DXCC download and manually change them in the Log4OM gui.
2018-08-21 LoTW Download in Log4OM-QSLignored.png
2018-08-21 LoTW Download in Log4OM-QSLignored.png (90.01 KiB) Viewed 6456 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Try changing any QSO's marked with LOTW received status as R to N and download again
73 Terry G4POP
N5ZY
Novice Class

Post by N5ZY »

Good idea but it didn't work.
I tried N, V, and tried both without 'submitted to card checker' (many are N for received and 'submitted to card checker')... but they have all been uploaded to LoTW and the DXCC desk applied them for credit.

I just discovered something odd. On the DXCC credits it shows for example FY5FY 20 meter phone and the detail for the QSO. However on the 'Your QSOs' query page if I search for Fy5FY it shows it to be a non verified QSL without any DXCC credit. I apparently should have been checking the log file downloaded by Log4OM as it appears these didn't match up between the award database and LoTW QSO database. I need to contact ARRL. Sigh.. sorry.

Looking at the QSO in LoTW "Your QSO's" - one that was recently granted for DXCC award database but not in LoTW, and another that is granted in both.
2018-08-22 21_19_51-expect-vs-real.png
2018-08-22 21_19_51-expect-vs-real.png (121.73 KiB) Viewed 6435 times
N5ZY
Novice Class

Post by N5ZY »

In my pursuit to get these recognized I was provided some information by AA6YQ that the Log4OM developers may or maynot be aware of:

+ The API used to report QSOs confirmed via LoTW will indicate if a QSO confirmed via LoTW has been granted DXCC credit. See the documentation for this API in
<https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/develop ... qsos-qsls/>
+ QSOs confirmed via a QSL card but not confirmed via LoTW are not reported by the above API.

+ There is an API that reports QSO confirmed by either QSL card or LoTW to which DXCC credit has been granted:
<https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/develop ... c-credits/>

+ Unless your logging application employs the latter API (or scrapes credit-granted information from your DXCC record on the ARRL web site), it will not be able to obtain DXCC credit granted information from QSOs confirmed exclusively by QSL card.
Dave, AA6YQ
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

Unfortunately that DXCC data does not contain MODE or TIMEON so makes it a matching problem.
We need to campaing with the DXCC side of the house to get them to include those fields from the uploaded ADIF file.

I also found what I think is a bug. When doing "Actions/Mark Submitted as Granted" it should also update the LOTW Status to "Validated" -- otherwise the credit granted status doesn't show up.
And seems to me we shouldn't have to mark each QSO as Validated ourselves, should we? The directions on this in the Help don't mention having to do this.
Either that or credit granted needs to ignore the LOTW status flag.

de Mike W9MDB