New user, no CAT control

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: New user, no CAT control

Post by G4POP »

Donn wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 21:05 Remember I can click on a spot and it fills the CALLSIGN and looks up if we have worked before. I can tab throng and log the call. Just no frequency or mode or report.Yesterday I worked a guy and uploaded and downloaded info from LOTW Donn W0TK
This has nothing to do with the CAT not working, other than were the cat working it would change the freq and mode
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Donn wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 21:07 I can try connecting to HRD I have only 3 port connections.
Comm port 1
Intel port 3
Silicon Lab Port 6

Donn W0TK
Please do and again are you certain that no other software is using the USB port on your computer?
73 Terry G4POP
w0tk
Novice Class

Post by w0tk »

Terry, I just started HRD Ver 6+ It connected and read my radio's frequency and I could turn the dial and it followed my radio. I put in W1AW and it looked up the address fine.

Donn W0TK
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Donn wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 21:15 Terry, I just started HRD Ver 6+ It connected and read my radio's frequency and I could turn the dial and it followed my radio. I put in W1AW and it looked up the address fine.

Donn W0TK
Check what port and baud rate HRD is using and replicate it in Omnirig

If it still does not work then download a fresh version of Omnirig and install by right clicking the install file and select 'run as an administrator's

If still not working send me a support request after having set debug to trace mode- details on our web site about how to do that.

My email is on QRZ

I will check it in the morning if you send one.
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

BTW looking up a call sign has absolutely nothing to do with CAT control it just proves your linked to QRZ via the internet
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

As there has been no response to this thread for a week I assume the issue is now resolved?

If it isn't then please let us try to assist further!

If it is resolved then it would be helpful to know what caused the problem :D
73 Terry G4POP