unable to open database

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

unable to open database

Post by WA1MAD »

Hi, I tried restarting my computer twice and log4om twice but when I hit "Add" for a QSO I get "unable to open database file" "unable to open database file" twice. The green dot is on to the right of the C:\Users\Mike Ham Shack\Documents\activations.SQLite. This began happening after shutting down my computer for a few days while I was away. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike WA1MAD
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: unable to open database

Post by G4POP »

Try File/open database locate the sqlite file and it should come back

Look at bottom right of window and it should display the path to the database you have opened and th f8 widow should show your contacts
73 Terry G4POP
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

Thanks Terry. I clicked F8 and my contacts showed up. I tried File/open using the path in the lower right corner. I have an ADI file and an activations.SQLite, dated 9/17/2018. I think that was the last QSO date that I used, actually it was 9/16 but not sure if it was computer date or GMT. . Not sure if these are what I should try and open. I have tried selecting the activations.SQLite and "open with" It asks if I should look for an app in the store. Somehow, I don't think that's what you wanted me to do. I do get a Windows defender "threat blocked" when I hit F8 and try file open while my contact list is showing. I appreciate your patience.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No you open the file in Log4om by using the File drop down menu and select Open database then navigate to your sqlite file and select it

This process will open your logbook and then while in Log4om you should see your old qso's in the Recent Qso's tab
73 Terry G4POP
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

Thanks Terry. From the home LOG4OM screen the file dropdown, open database, shows 3 files, an Icom programming file, a Yaesu programming file and activations.SQLite from 9/17/2018 and nothing else. If I select activations SQLite and open it, I see nothing. Should I try and find a copy of the file and place it in that database folder, or restore my computer to a previous date where the program was running?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

When you say you see nothing explain where you see nothing or post a screen shot
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You had this problem before see http://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3199
73 Terry G4POP
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

yes, I had a similar problem, but on another computer, and the dot on the lower right was red not green. By nothing, I mean that I select activations.SQLite, then open, the screen doesn't populate. I'm going to try to do a restore back to the last date that everything worked. Thanks Terry
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WHERE do you see nothing, what window?
73 Terry G4POP
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

here is a jpeg screen shot vs png. I hope it is a small enough file to send. When I select the activations.SQLite, nothing seems to happen. I suspect there is supposed to be another file in this folder, like ADIF. I still get file too large. HMMMM>