Duplicate callsign

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
m0aov
Novice Class

Duplicate callsign

Post by m0aov »

Hi Guy's
Can anyone help with this question I've looked but cannot find an answer, When I want to use other logbooks i.e. adif and want to import them into Log4OM is there away any logbook being imported can be checked for Duplicate callsigns?

So I've got my logbook in Log4OM and I'm using Fldigi as well, I go to Log4Om settings then on the services page I click on ENABLE FILE MONITOR and find the file for Fldigi it imports all the logbook including Duplicates so instead of say having only 350 entries I now have 700 and 350 entries are the same.

Rob
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Duplicate callsign

Post by G4POP »

If you are importing the complete FlDigi logbook you should use the import ADIF function in the LOG4OM File menu because during that import we check for dupes.

Best way is to Import as described above and then delete the FlDigi log entries in FlDigi so that you start updating from an empty Fldigi logbook using the enable file monitor facility.

73 Terry G4POP
m0aov
Novice Class

Post by m0aov »

Hi Terry
thanks for the reply, i didn't import the ADIF file I pointed the Log4OM to that file so it could keep an eye on any new log entries from Fldigi but it took all the logs in that file and imported them anyway.
As I posted here ( go to Log4Om settings then on the services page I click on ENABLE FILE MONITOR and find the file for Fldigi it imports all the logbook ) should it do that or should it wait for any NEW entries after I point Log4OM to that file???

Rob
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

As I said you need to start with an empty FlDigi logbook initially for it to work, that is why you import the ADIF and then empty the FlDigi log first.

We will add some sanity checks to avoid what you have had happen happening in the future

73 Terry G4POP
m0aov
Novice Class

Post by m0aov »

Hi Terry
thanks I understand, can you also tell me is there a way for me just to check the logbook I have with Log4OM and tell it if it see's any Duplicates just discard them from the logbook I'm using at the moment then it won't have the 700 qso's it should go back to the 350 or so I know are not duplicates??

Rob
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

If you have the original ADIF that you imported it would be best to delete the log and start fresh with an empty log and import the ADIF.

Alternatively, although I have never tried this, export an ADIf from LOG4OM and then create a new logbook - Now import the ADIF with 750 entries using file/import ADIF. What I hope will happen is that the dupes will be trapped and not imported!

73 Terry G4POP
m0aov
Novice Class

Post by m0aov »

Hi Terry
Thanks for the reply got it sorted as you said just make a new logbook and re import the ADIF.

Rob
;)
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Anyway Log4OM doesn't NEVER import duplicates QSO.
Duplicate QSO means that Callsign, Mode, Band, Date, Time are identical.
This constraint is applied at database level. There is NO way to load duplicates in ANY way or form, as this is guaranteed by the db logic. Every duplicate will be discarded, in a soft or hard way (with errors, if the code doesn't have a check for dupes before inserting) but there is no way to duplicate a QSO without changing the database structure.

Have a nice day :D
Daniele IW3HMH
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH