eQSL Download not Working

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
ve6etp
New user

eQSL Download not Working

Post by ve6etp »

Apologies if this has been spoken about before. I've tried to use the search but both eqsl and download don't work in the search as it says that the search terms are too common.

I've recently setup Log4om and am trying to import all the past QSOs I have that are logged in my eQSL account. When I go to QSL Management and select eQSL and then select the down arrow button and then finally hit the Download button I see all the QSOs that I have in eQSL. Each one says QSO NOT FOUND before each of my QSOs. I assume this means that they are not in the log4om DB. I don't see any errors.

When I then close this window and go back to the QSL Management window and hit "Search" I don't see anything there. If I go back to try to download everything again it shows the exact same thing in the output there "QSO NOT FOUND".

Is there a step I'm missing? Hitting the disk button just saves the log output of the download.

How do I import all my old eQSL QSOs into Log4OM?

BTW, I have tried exporting my Outbox from eSQL to an adif file and then have imported that file into log4om. However that produces two entries for each of my QSOs. I'm not sure why? Hence why I've tried to use the QSL Management eQSL download feature.

Welcome any thoughts or comments.

Peter
VE6ETP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: eQSL Download not Working

Post by G4POP »

The QSL Manager matches QSO's that have been responded to on eqsl to QSO's that already exist in your logbook, it is not an import system it downloads QSL confirmations and updates an existing record.

Send me the downloaded eqsl ADIF file by email and I will check and see whats causing duplicates
73 Terry G4POP
ve6etp
New user

Re: eQSL Download not Working

Post by ve6etp »

Thank you very much for your response Terry. That makes more sense now.

I have since created a new database and tried the .adif import again. This time I checked the box for "Update countries in ADIF". This seemed to work and I no longer have the duplicate entries.

It was odd that I got the duplicates. The duplicate entries weren't an exact copy. They had the same times and callsigns but nothing else was filled out. I checked the ADIF file and there were no duplicate entries in there. I'll chalk this up to user error. Perhaps I imported twice somehow. I'm not sure. If I am able to replicate the issue I'll make sure to make note of the exact steps I took.

Regards,

Peter