CAT control not working

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
g0kpg
Novice Class

CAT control not working

Post by g0kpg »

Hi,
The hard drive on my computer has failed (Windows 7) so have bought new computer (Windows 10) and have reinstalled (as administrator) Log4OM and Omnirig. I have a Kenwood 590SG transceiver. I disabled Windows Defender during the installs. I am using the same CAT cable as on my old computer. Everything seems to have installed OK and I have recovered my logbook from my backup. I am unable to obtain a connection via CAT between the program and my radio. I have kept Windows Defender off whilst trying to connect . I have attached the log file if that is of help. Any assistance would be appreciated
Robin (G0KPG)
log file after reinstall of Log4OM 9.12.18.txt
(16.55 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CAT control not working

Post by G4POP »

Do you have Skype or preferably TeamViewer on the Log4om pc?

Sounds like either a 590 menu setting for CAT via acc incorrect or a com port/ baud rate miss-match
73 Terry G4POP
g0kpg
Novice Class

Post by g0kpg »

Thanks Terry - I don't have Skype or teamviewer installed, but will look at the 590 menu setting. Just looked at the 590 manual and it seems I should install the Kenwood virtual port driver although I didn't do that on my old computer. Will press on and investigate further - thanks for your help.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Make sure the radio is not connected to the computer when you install the driver
73 Terry G4POP
g0kpg
Novice Class

Post by g0kpg »

Hi Terry,

Everything working OK now with the installation of the Kenwood virtual port driver and the matching of the baud rate between the radio and the software program. Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Best wishes
Robin (G0KPG)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Its always the simple things!

Modern radios with USB ports are unique in requiring special USB drivers, generic Windows drivers dont work. So all modern Kenwood and Icom (Dont know about Yaesu stuff) are the same - Install the manufacturers driver first - before connecting the radio!
73 Terry G4POP
g0kpg
Novice Class

Post by g0kpg »

Thanks for the advice - much appreciated!
Robin G0KPG