ADIF Import/export

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
IW3SSA
Novice Class

ADIF Import/export

Post by IW3SSA »

Hi, I would like to ask if there is a way to add QSO to an existing log merging both logs (the imported one and the one in use).
Importing an ADIF seems that will overwrite the existing log in use (?) or there is a way to merge the imported QSOs in the log in use?
Many thanks for support in advance and best regards. 73s.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: ADIF Import/export

Post by DF5WW »

Hi IW3SSA,

Log4OM will not overwrite a log database which is in use. It will import only new qso´s whitch are
not existing in the used database. That means no overwrite and only new contacts will be importet
which have not the same Call, Band, Date Time ...

By the way, if you import an ADIF to your existing database please check "Update countries in ADIF".
Some other loggers having wrong DXCC countries like Federal Rep. of Germany instead of Fed. Rep of Germany.

This funcrion will help to have the correct DXCC´s in the database.

;) ;)

If you mean some other problem please tell us ... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
IW3SSA
Novice Class

Post by IW3SSA »

Many thanks for quick answer, this afternoon I try. Best regards
DF5VAE
Novice Class

Post by DF5VAE »

Hello all and happy new year,

I tried to import some recent adi files from qrz.com but every time I attempt to upload I see an error message.

No problem to upload the same adi file to LOTW - I cannot find any problem within the data in the adi file.

Same case, when I try to import an older file that had been imported sucessfully some weeks ago.

I reinstalled log4om from scratch - saving and copying the database and all files in ..user-call...AppData Roaming back to the correct place.
Other functions of log4om seem to work ok.

I attach a short adi (extension renamed to *.gif to upload) which causes an error when importing.
Thanks for help/hints
73 DF5VAE
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hello DF5VAE,

don´t see any attached file in your post. Can you send me a copy of your ADIF
to my email adress call@darc.de ?
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.