QSL Handling

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
g4nrt
Novice Class

QSL Handling

Post by g4nrt »

I am a reasonably recent convert to Log4OM and I absolutely love it! I am just starting two get into the QSL management area.

I have just received a BIG pile of QSL cards this week from my QSL manager. I can see how I can find and select each individual QSO and then change the "QSL Received" status but is there a way to do this in bulk - perhaps display a list of all my QSOs and pick the ones where I want to change the status to received with the same date and via Buro? It will take me ages to go through all of the cards - probably well over a hundred!

I would appreciate some guidance ...

Thanks for a brilliant programme and very 73,

David G4NRT/Z21NRT
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSL Handling

Post by G4POP »

Yes you can update in bulk but to make the list of QSO's more manageable its best to filter first, perhaps as follows:

In the QSL manager select 'Search parameters' at the bottom left of the window and search on

QSL received status = N
Mode=CW (Or mode of the bulk of the cards)

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (55.06 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
Please not screen grab is wrong it should be QSL Rcvd Status not sent :oops:

Having closed the 'Search parameters' window click the 'search' button at the top of the QSL manager window

Your now left with a list of CW QSO's where you have not received a card

Using the standard windows system of shift/click and Ctrl/click select the QSO's for update

Once selected set the QSL Received, QSL Rcvd by and QSL Rcvd date fields and click the save icon

Repeat process for other modes or perhaps you prefer to filter by DXCC etc the choices are infinite.

Watch the YouTube videos for more information
73 Terry G4POP
g4nrt
Novice Class

Re: QSL Handling

Post by g4nrt »

Terry. Thank you so much. That is excellent. I think the filters are the key ... I did actually think of another way (much less elegant!) which was to print the labels and manually cross out either "pse" or "tnx" QSL when I initial the card .....

73, David G4NRT