WAS Award tracking for satellites

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
WM1K
New user

WAS Award tracking for satellites

Post by WM1K »

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but can Log4OM track WAS for Satellite QSOs? I know the Satellite logging is quite robust and that part works great. Some Satellite QSOs have 70cm for transmit frequency and the award tracker seems to stop at 2m. Also, there does not appear to be a satellite selection for WAS. (slightly different topic but related question: can Log4OM track VHF/UHF CC awards?) If possible, do these awards have to be created manually in the award tracker?

Thank you in advance for your comments. I appreciate your contribution to the Ham Radio community.
Bentley
WM1K
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: WAS Award tracking for satellites

Post by G4POP »

WM1K wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 19:28 Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but can Log4OM track WAS for Satellite QSOs? I know the Satellite logging is quite robust and that part works great. Some Satellite QSOs have 70cm for transmit frequency and the award tracker seems to stop at 2m. Also, there does not appear to be a satellite selection for WAS. (slightly different topic but related question: can Log4OM track VHF/UHF CC awards?) If possible, do these awards have to be created manually in the award tracker?

Thank you in advance for your comments. I appreciate your contribution to the Ham Radio community.
Bentley
WM1K
Seems we missed this one, we probably were not aware that 70cm was included in the WAS award.

We can easily add 70cm but also adding a filter for satelittes is far more complicated so you will have to wait for Version 2 for that which has a much more comprehensive award filtering system.
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

It's planned on v2. I'll check if I can easily patch actual system in v1. About band, check your preference about filtered bands
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IW3HMH wrote: 06 Feb 2019, 07:59 It's planned on v2. I'll check if I can easily patch actual system in v1. About band, check your preference about filtered bands
Lele,
Even with 70cm checked it does not show in WAS
73 Terry G4POP